Q3 2020 Q3 - unable to lower boot floor

AudiGuyReturns

Reaction score
I have a new Q3 and have found that I am unable to lower the boot floor. I have attached a photo and would be grateful if someone could explain why.

There are two large pieces of equipment which I cannot identify. I don’t have the upgraded sound system and the car doesn’t have mild hybrid technology. What are these items and can they be removed?

Attachments

• 446B10C8-B45A-42C1-A4DE-FDE668744164.jpeg
    446B10C8-B45A-42C1-A4DE-FDE668744164.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 467
If you are refering to the items at the rear on the right, the one with the plastic cover is the battery i believe, the silver unit is one of the ECU's

If you are refering to the items at the rear on the right, the one with the plastic cover is the battery i believe, the silver unit is one of the ECU's

Thanks. How come I have these? Why isn’t my boot like the Q3’s on the YouTube videos where you have underfloor storage and the option to lower the boot floor? Can these be easily removed by myself?

As far as i'm aware neither can or should be removed as they are in that location for a reason. I would suggest speaking to the dealer for advice/clarification.

Thank you for your help. Those were the two objects I was referring to. Why on earth are they on the boot floor though? What do you have to do to get the version without them there?! They even went to the trouble of fitting the collapsible boot floor brackets even though they can’t be used.

My new Q3 Sportback arrived with MHEV parts. Ordered in February as an ordinary 35TFSI Vorsprung but looks like they have changed production to all MHEV. I'm really happy as it is effectively a free upgrade.