SQ5 2020 SQ5, rear diffuser trim hole?

Reaction score
1st of probably a few questions as I get used to the new car, on the rear bumper/diffuser trim, on the part that runs under the car in the centre, should it have a large rectangular hole in it as normal?

car is a Vorsrpung edition, so has keyless entry and keyless boot opening, but I don’t have a towbar fitted. It looks like there should be a panel fitted in the gap, but it’s missing. Not sure if that is by design or something has been mislaid on PDi. Could someone with same or similar let me know? Thanks

Is this just for the sensor for your foot to open the boot?? Seems a very big hole, given the rest of the underbody air smoothing going on.

Attachments

• 914E1418-4C1D-44C0-92AB-4912C82943AD.jpeg
    914E1418-4C1D-44C0-92AB-4912C82943AD.jpeg
    855.6 KB · Views: 274
Is this just for the sensor for your foot to open the boot?? Seems a very big hole, given the rest of the underbody air smoothing going on.
............it is for the sensor to open the boot with you'r foot. It's crap & most of the time it doesn't work, you look like your trying to remove a cat from under the car rather than open the tailgate !!!!.

My Mk2 Q5 has got the same rectangle cutout in the centre, and I don’t have the sensor for opening the boot. As far as I’m aware, the cutout is standard on all Mk2 models and it’s actually for a tow bar fitment, whether you’ve actually got a tow bar or not.

Reactions: SteveeeGee
Ah ok, thanks all. Just back from first long distance trip, very impressed. Power and speed gathering is immense, plus near 38mpg over 400 mile on motorway and A road. Very happy.

............it is for the sensor to open the boot with you'r foot. It's **** & most of the time it doesn't work, you look like your trying to remove a cat from under the car rather than open the tailgate !!!!.

Not had an issue with the sensor, has worked for me every time, just kick once in the centre, short pause and it opens.