Q5 2021 Rear number plate

Reaction score
Hi,
I have purchased new 4D plates for my Q5 and the vehicle fixing points both clash with letters, is there a mounting bracket available like the US ones that screw to the existing points? I do not want to rely on sticky pads alone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,
I have purchased new 4D plates for my Q5 and the vehicle fixing points both clash with letters, is there a mounting bracket available like the US ones that screw to the existing points? I do not want to rely on sticky pads alone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Have used sticky pads only on my last two cars for the “clean” look - no issues at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pic helps, can easily get round that I'm sure of.

Although this is an S4 the Q5 is similar, the area is covered by a foam pad, the fixing points are raised so if I tried to stick it on it would not make enough contact with the surrounding area.

I did not want to screw into the bodywork, as my 4D plate is thicker than normal I dont think the number plate surrounds will work.

View attachment 242071
Although this is an S4 the Q5 is similar, the area is covered by a foam pad, the fixing points are raised so if I tried to stick it on it would not make enough contact with the surrounding area.

Sticky pads onto the foam works fine though? At least it has for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk