207/8 R8?

Hal Adams

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hello! I have popped over from the RS3 room as it is about time I changed out my two year old RS3 whilst there is some value in it.

I have always hankered after an R8, but a newish one is going to be out of my reach for a while yet, so I am reducing my search, and where I am (South France) there are a handful of low mileage R8s that are c. 2007/8 with only 29k to 35k kms on the clock - all in pretty good condition. OK, they are not V10s, and do not have the virtual cockpit, but I am sure I can live without these!

My question is - are there any real bad points on the 2007 V8 that say I should steer well clear of them - eg, any rust issues, engine problems or oil leaks, gearbox problems etc?

One thing I do notice on three of them are the lumbar support on the entrance/exit side of the drivers seat have taken quite a battering. Is this a general issue and can they be repaired easily?

Thanks for any comments!

Wow, this chatroom is a real hive of enthusiasm and activity is it not! Not!

Go for a manual. The auto wasn't very good back then. Jerky and expensive if it goes wrong. And manual is the right thing to do anyway!

Cheers

BobG