21" alloys on an A4 Cab - Can it be done?

Solani

Reaction score
10.5J
ET35

I know they fit onto an Audi A8 with no problems at all but was wondering if the same could be said for an audi A4 Cabriolet?

I reckon they will fit , might ned to do few adjustments to Arch etc but anything is possible.

Why do you want 21" though, wont 20's do? You can get a 20" that fits straight on and even drop it up to 50mm if you have the correct offset!

I wasn't particularly after 21's.....but some very rare ones came up at a good price which is what got me thinking. I am suspecting that I will have issues with rubbing given the offset.

10.5j might be a little too wide but like you say, the offset plays a good part in it!

Umm don't think many tyres come in a 25 profile either which is what you'll need, even if you can find them they will cost the earth so completely outweighing any saving you make on the wheels, apart from the fact they'll look ridiculous!

Way too big.

I think the larges that would look remotely "normal" on your car would be 19's.

The ride is not particularily good on 19s as it is with s 235/35/19 let alone with 20s or 21s.
I'm sure there was a guy on here with an S4 cabriolet who ran 20s with no problems.

Even with the 19's on mine under hard acceleration it gets a bit skitish and tramlines very easily.

As for 10.5j, on an 18 or a 19 there are plenty of American guys on Audizine who run this width on the rear, some even run an 11j

Not sure I've ever seen a monster truck A4 cabriolet !!!!!!

The other thing you have to consider is tyres, NO normal tyre place is going to keep sizes like 275/25/21 (or something like this). ((Porsche Cayenne uses 295/35/21))

I'm not sure you are going to want to pay for tyres for this sort of odd fitment, or replace the alloys within about 10 minutes of driving on the absurdley bad roads that the UK have !

Stick with 19s they fill the arches nice and proper, and wheel and tyre choice is plentiful !

The ride is not particularily good on 19s as it is with s 235/35/19 let alone with 20s or 21s.
I'm sure there was a guy on here with an S4 cabriolet who ran 20s with no problems.

Even with the 19's on mine under hard acceleration it gets a bit skitish and tramlines very easily.

As for 10.5j, on an 18 or a 19 there are plenty of American guys on Audizine who run this width on the rear, some even run an 11j

Not sure I've ever seen a monster truck A4 cabriolet !!!!!!

The other thing you have to consider is tyres, NO normal tyre place is going to keep sizes like 275/25/21 (or something like this). ((Porsche Cayenne uses 295/35/21))

I'm not sure you are going to want to pay for tyres for this sort of odd fitment, or replace the alloys within about 10 minutes of driving on the absurdley bad roads that the UK have !

Stick with 19s they fill the arches nice and proper, and wheel and tyre choice is plentiful !
You're right Andy. Like i said, I wasn't particularly after 21's.Some rare one's came up at a good price which got me thinking but I had my doubts and they have now been confirmed by the guys on the forum.......think I'll go with a decent set of 18's or 19"s.

With that offset there is no way you will get the 10.5J under the arch.
I would only go up to 20" on the A4, any bigger and it will be like running on wooden wheels!

If you are looking for wheels let me know and I can see what we have for you.

As said already it's that all important extra inch that makes it impossible. Mini's have the same wheel to tyre ratio as an A4, so 20" wheels aren't a problem with 30 profile tyre, and they would fit an A4 OK as well. I couldn't even find anywhere that does 25 profile tyres let alone consider how much they'd cost. So, no, anything is not always possible!

Oh I bet the ride is tops on a Mini with 20s ! Just as well its a cooper S, otherwise it wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding !

its not as bad as you would of thought mine is probably harder on 19's with coilys

they only rub a tiny bit when you have people in the back he bought the car with them on hes looking to go back to the standard 17's

i regret my 19's aswell it doesnt handle as nice

What about these if you are looking at 20s?

8229lensogranzoaudia402za2.jpg

im running 20's at the mo i dont get any rubbing at all and my coilovers are wound rite down at the front, although the ride is quiet harsh now specially over pot holes

ok m8 will take some pics at the weekend for u, or u can just w8 till audi driver show if ur goin that mate as im on concourse there