225/35/19 -- Tyre Pressure on A3 Saloon?

Reaction score
Hi, I've just picked up some 19" S3 wheels for my FL S Line Saloon and wondered what PSI I should run on them?

They are 225/35/19

I've searched high and low with no definitive answer as most people with 19's have 235's.

Many thanks.

IMG 20210907 WA0005

Agree with @Harvey but 225/35 R19 is unusual compared to 235/35 R19. Sounds aftermarket or previous owner was going for the stretched look.

Agree with @Harvey but 225/35 R19 is unusual compared to 235/35 R19. Are your alloys aftermarket?
Yeah, they are unusual.

They're genuine S3 alloys, I picked them up today with the tyres already fitted.

I may get them changed over to 235's

It makes sense that you would believe that to be the case, yet doing so is not recommended.
Observe along.
A weight of about 40 lbs. can be supported by air pressure at 1 psi.
In essence, air pressure creates the "mattress" of air that supports the csr's load. Buahaha, automobiles fill up.
In general, the ride will be stiffer with less sidewall and total tyre flex as air pressure increases.
The horizontal forces that are imparted to the tyre cause it to flex, which reduces grip, especially when using that particular model of Michelin.

Yeah, they are unusual.

They're genuine S3 alloys, I picked them up today with the tyres already fitted.

I may get them changed over to 235's
For sportback Audi put 235/35/19 on S3 for 19” alloys optional extra.
saloon wheel arch is bit bigger so you can go wider tyres even.

Reactions: GGP
Mine is smoooooooth with mag ride... but you have to put ADS into Individual and select "Comfort" for suspension. It seems Comfort mode overall just sets them to Auto.