2260 hybrid test on 3.0 tdi results

bobby singh

BSR
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Taken from my build thread - thought I'd share it with the diesel section:

Hybrid testing time....
So my turbo guy sent me a hybrid to test. Objective was to see what power is possible with 'decent' compressor wheel and turbine in the stock 2260vk...not the usual AMG turbine.

Removed the S200, fitted a gutted dpf unit, stock exhaust - PCV behind the headlight haha

Results:

426hp / 870nm

Looking at the log I had a lot of torq correction based on egt's due to the hot weather so on a colder day I would expect better power

Nice daily unit with great response.

Off course the pcv would go into the turbo intake pipe if this turbo was staying in my car. But it was a test to see what can be done and give a clear view of what is required for a real 430hp with nice low down power.

Reactions: 344bigal and Horia
What boost do you have for this turbo unit and this hp?
Is it ok and safe for the car to run over 930 degrees Egt how you mentioned on your other thread, if necessary?
Big Like for this result, good job man!!!

Its peak egt not continous and only on dyno i see this temp. Don't forget I have other modifitions like decent pump and intercooler.
Want it more than s200? :)

Reactions: Horia
The ability of your pump to make a lot more pressure and therefore reducing injection duration times will certainly help to keep EGT's more under control. Factory limiter is set at 850 degrees continuous, I believe the VNT mechanism is the weak spot that feels the effect of excessive temperature first.
As you say 930 degrees short duration shouldn't be an issue, If you were to take it to Germany and run it flat out on an Autobahn you may have an issue.
I think there are some 3.0 TDI cars in Europe running similar numbers but they are using WMI

Reactions: BRO-Performance and Horia
Sure anyone who wants 400hp plus will be running a cp3 or cp1.
CP4 we know is on its knee's @ 320hp to 330hp /720nm

Even in this map I have egt protection which was kicking in on the dyno hence why power dropped @4K
I prefer diesel only on road cars

I must say the S200 is like new even after 20k - proper robust unit

I was curious aboute maxim Egt peak that a 3.0 tdi ccwa could handle...if you have any idea (940 egt)?
And what was your full boost for that gtb2260vk hybrid to reach 430hp (2.8 bar)?
S200 hybrid is a diferent story, plays in other league... don t forget me with one of yours when you want to sell it
Again, beautiful result for 2260 and I think you reached it's maximum power...

Peak or continous?
No where near 2.8 bar :)
I think there is still some more scope for a 2260 hybrid - maybe another test unit is required

Peak and continous since you mentioned :) ...
how this turbo spools??
If it s not 2.8 bar, then it is 2.6 bar
You have same rail pressure like on the s200? Interesting to see another test unit what will do❤️

While going through the gears I around 860 to 890 upto 4th
Im sure on a long enough road egt will get to 930 maybe more but that why we have egt protection in place to start taking fuel out to ;)
Same railp yep.

Anyway i have plans to fix egt's very soon in preparation for phase 2 of s200.