235/35/19 all round?

monkeyboy_marcus

Reaction score
What with spring in the air I'm considering my summer tyre choice, perhaps a bit prematurely.

When changing from summer rubber last year to Michelin PA4 all round I ditched the old Michelin super sports (235 front) and original Conti (225 rear) as they were all knackered.

Whether I go Michelin super sports again or Goodyear F1 is actually irrelevant to me as they both have excellent reviews. I'm wondering whether to stick with the 235 front and 225 rear set up or go 235 all round, which means I can rotate from front to back as they wear out. However, you'd think there's a good reason for the set up to be the way it is, so anyone got any experience of this?

Im staying as is.

Some owners get a small amount of rubbing and i cant be bothered to find out.
Audi have also been known to list wrong sized tyres as advisories on service reports if they are on the ball, and might use it to void warranty, so im not going to give them any excuse. I still have the balance of a 5 year warranty left,

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
Same here, sticking with the 255 fronts and 225 rears as Audi intended

MPSS with 255/30 Fronts and 235/35 Rears that don't rub. And I've a spare pair of 235/35s on 8J rims just in case. Winters are 235's Front and Rear - no worries...

I have the F1's and 235's on all corners, no rubbing at all and no mention about it from Audi when in for services or other work. I just get the standard reports on the condition of tyres. IMHO the car look sbetter with equal rubber on all corners too.

Decided to go with the original Audi configuration of 225 rear and 235 front after all. MPSS all around and although the PA4 winter tyres are phenomenal in my opinion, in warmer weather the summer rubber makes the car feel frisky, nimble and a little bit twitchy in a fun way that is missing during the winter!

Reactions: T-800
i have 255 / 235, no rubbing, i put the 235 on the rear for better rim protection

Reactions: 45bvtc
235/35 19-inch MPSS's on the rear and no problems. No problems with Vredestein Wintrac Xtreams either. And much better wheel-rim protection with the 235s as said already.