270BHP TDI Quattro

Ah - I thought he said he was on the std turbo......

I have tuned hybrid turbo's on BKD and gotten about 202-203 running a touch under 2 bar of boost. I don't think a std turbo could do that, (i've seen high 180's) but again it depends on the Dyno!

Rick

I have tuned hybrid turbo's on BKD and gotten about 202-203 running a touch under 2 bar of boost. I don't think a std turbo could do that, (i've seen high 180's) but again it depends on the Dyno!

Rick

I thought it was too much.

Is the dyno lottery that bad Rick and how can consumers try to make sure they don't go to a tuner who's dyno produces inflated figures?

AMD got '182' out of my std turbo...... it also read 146 before the remap, whether or not this is to keep the customer happy I don't know. The standard turbo then snapped in half at an altitude of 2400 metres up in the alps and I ended up fitting a Darkside Hybrid with all the trimmings and a custom road remap. kept up with my brothers A5 3.oTDI up to 90mph

Reactions: Sayam
AMD got '182' out of my std turbo...... it also read 146 before the remap, whether or not this is to keep the customer happy I don't know. The standard turbo then snapped in half at an altitude of 2400 metres up in the alps and I ended up fitting a Darkside Hybrid with all the trimmings and a custom road remap. kept up with my brothers A5 3.oTDI up to 90mph

Can I have more info on the hybrid and what power you're running please...since you have a CR engine and I haven't come across anyone that's fitted a hybrid on a CR before :)

I hate threads like this. I can feel my wallet emptying.........

Can I have more info on the hybrid and what power you're running please...since you have a CR engine and I haven't come across anyone that's fitted a hybrid on a CR before :)

The white one below is my new CR170, the one I had the hybrid fitted to was a BKD 140. It was a gtb1756v rated to 220 with the original manifold. I also had the uprated 02Q dual mass flywheel with performance clutch kit, S3 intercooler and their hard pipe kit. Then another remap on the road. I have never known the figures of it, It gave a lot of things a run for its money. I sold it to my mate who's is considering upgrading it again.

Have a look below at my original turbo.

@spencer361 Oh ok, so I misunderstood and your current CR170 is standard at the moment?

How do people put the power down, it's so easy to get my CR170 DSG to spin in the wet...

yeah standard, I've done 14,000 miles in 5 months and I'm already used to the power. I love the quattro, mine is manual, never spins. I will be interested to see what you do as I will be following you down the same route at some point.

@spencer361 Yeah I'm from Dewsbury

I'm definitely doing the power at some point but there's much more than takes priority in my eyes. And being a 170 standard, I'm not left wanting for power that often...

Need to finish my audio install and do the bodywork. Then there's plenty on the retrofitting list as well as all the regular wear and tear items and servicing that are required :)

Reactions: spencer361