2G MMI 2013 & 2014 Update Disks

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have the 2012 update disks installed on my 2G MMI.

Does anybody know if the 2013 or 2014 disks offer any additional features other than map and functionality updates?

There are plenary of non-genuine disks for sale on eBay and I see the new 2014 disks are now available.

Many Thanks

I've just gone from 2013 to 2014 and cannot see and real differences, however with the 2014 maps it's now split onto 2 DVD's so if your traveling around Europe make sure you have both discs..

DVD 1
Germany, Switzerland, Andorra, Belgium, France, Gibraltar, Great Britain, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Austria, Portugal, Spain.

DVD 2
Germany, Switzerland, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Italy, Croatia, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Lithuania, Montenegro, Norway, Austria, Poland, Romania, San Marino, Sweden, Serbia, Slovakia , Slovenia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Vatican City.

I've just gone from 2013 to 2014 and cannot see and real differences, however with the 2014 maps it's now split onto 2 DVD's so if your traveling around Europe make sure you have both discs..

DVD 1
Germany, Switzerland, Andorra, Belgium, France, Gibraltar, Great Britain, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Austria, Portugal, Spain.

DVD 2
Germany, Switzerland, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Italy, Croatia, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Lithuania, Montenegro, Norway, Austria, Poland, Romania, San Marino, Sweden, Serbia, Slovakia , Slovenia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Vatican City.
I've been making enquires with N8 about updating my 2006 maps on my RNS-E and the updated 2014 version still doesn't give full post code access which is a bit disappointing.

You will never get full post code on RNS-E MK1 & 2 or the 2G MMI system.

Yes, ran the 2014 discs on my old 2G setup without any problems. Other than updated maps there is extra functionality.

Sorry that should have said no extra functionality.

How do I know which version of Sat Nav/Audio setup is in my car?
i.e do I have 2g MMI or something else??

Take a picture of the screen but press the car button then setup and go into version

Reactions: mancdan
OK here we go:

IMG_0402_zps9ae94507.jpg

IMG_0403_zpscc1510ec.jpg

Thanks B5NUT. Is it worth getting the up to date 2014 sat nav disc? I believe it has 2012 all ready installed.

Both your map and firmware are from 2009, and you won't be able to install the latest maps with out updating the firmware first. You can update both the firmware and the maps yourself as there are download available on the internet, but there is always a risk of a failed update that will stop your system from working. For the map update it not just the case of putting a new CD and updating, the MAP's for your MMI system are 30GB in size and require installing, you then also need to activate the MAP's which is dealer only and costs £££, there are map activation hacks that you can download but some of them are malware that will brick your MMI.

If you know that your doing it's easy enough, and there are plenty of information out there, you just have to know what is good advice & what is bad! There are sellers on ebay that will provide you with the firmware, maps & activation but again if something goes wrong with the update then you need to know what your doing as the seller won't pay for the repair. If it not broke and it not causing any problems (missing road etc) then leave it alone or find a retrofit company that will do the work for you at a price.

Reactions: mancdan
Thanks for the sound advice B5NUT. As you say, its not broken and I don't use it that often, so best to leave it be.