3.0 Cam Chain Replacement Information

Chris6t9

Reaction score
Hi guys pulling my hair out here with lack of info I can find and conflicting info is everywhere!

I'm looking to change all the chains and tensioners and all the bolts and anything else necessary on my 2013 A5.

Engines gonna come out but I want to get everything ordered and delivered prior to doing so.

Rang up TPS who have given me a quote on all the parts at 500 quid. However they have said that there's two timing chains.

Now as far as I was aware there's 4 chains. Which has now got me thinking do they know what they are talking about and will I have all the parts needed.

So is there anyone on here that has done a replacement before and can tell me all parts needed. I want to do the whole lot and a proper job of it.

Cheers

Reactions: m1ch4l
If you have to the 245bhp engine (CDUC) it will have two long chains and two tensioners for the cams and balance shaft. Then the oil pump also has a chain.

If you have to the 245bhp engine (CDUC) it will have two long chains and two tensioners for the cams and balance shaft. Then the oil pump also has a chain.

Yes it is the 245. Thanks mate. Any reason why they are saying it only has 2 then??

I just wish someone had a list of all the parts needed!

I don't know why they but you can see the difference in the chains configurations in the attachment.

Attachments

• CAPA_CCWA Chains.png
    CAPA_CCWA Chains.png
    440.9 KB · Views: 457
  • CDUC Chains.png
    CDUC Chains.png
    423 KB · Views: 811
Reactions: m1ch4l
Hi guys pulling my hair out here with lack of info I can find and conflicting info is everywhere!

I'm looking to change all the chains and tensioners and all the bolts and anything else necessary on my 2013 A5.

Engines gonna come out but I want to get everything ordered and delivered prior to doing so.

Rang up TPS who have given me a quote on all the parts at 500 quid. However they have said that there's two timing chains.

Now as far as I was aware there's 4 chains. Which has now got me thinking do they know what they are talking about and will I have all the parts needed.

So is there anyone on here that has done a replacement before and can tell me all parts needed. I want to do the whole lot and a proper job of it.

Cheers

Hi Chris6t9!

Have you managed the chains and tensioners change?