3.0 TDI BMK Priming High Pressure Fuel Rail

annodomini2

Reaction score
Hi,

I need to rebuild my inlet manifolds to resolve some swirl flap codes, to get them off I need to remove the high pressure fuel rail bridge between the 2 banks.

Removing all this I am fine with, but once completed I will need to refit, how do you bleed the high pressure lines correctly?

I've tried searching, all the solutions I've seen so far appear to me to be dodgy bodges.

Is the system self bleeding or something more drastic? I have VCDS so this is not an issue.

Hi,

I need to rebuild my inlet manifolds to resolve some swirl flap codes, to get them off I need to remove the high pressure fuel rail bridge between the 2 banks.

Removing all this I am fine with, but once completed I will need to refit, how do you bleed the high pressure lines correctly?

I've tried searching, all the solutions I've seen so far appear to me to be dodgy bodges.

Is the system self bleeding or something more drastic? I have VCDS so this is not an issue.

Hy!

The HPF system is self bleeding. Maybe the car won’t start at the first try, but its not a problem.

Charge your battery to 100%

Az én iPhone készülékemről küldve a Tapatalk segítségével

Reactions: annodomini2
As above the car will need some turning over to remove the air . Make sure the battery is in good condition and fully charged, also be mindful that extended duration cranking of the engine can put a big strain on the starter motor so think about letting it cool a little.
I wouldn't crank it for more than about 5-6 seconds in one go and after 3 goes leave it for a few minutes.
You don't want to be buying a new starter. If your battery is past it's best it may be better to jump the car off another vechicle to get the cranking speed higher.

Rebuilt them with a kit off fleabay, basically replaced the swirl flap mechanism and renewed the gasket