3.0 tdi missing over 1400 revs till 2000 then fine? HELP!!!

Sloppy_1

Reaction score
as above ive got a 3.0tdi thats missing over 1400 revs till about 3000 then it continues to rev fine, ticks over spot on?

If you rev it right up from still it appears to rev up the range completely fine?

if you drive it its awful as you accelerate is misses like mad,

its had a new turbo which is working ok and the day after i was out driving when i heard a wierd crackly sound then it stalled completely, i coasted it into a layby checked some stuff (thought turbo may have eaten its self) but all looked fine and it restarted drove it home but just wont rev properly.

had code for crank sensor so ive replaced this to no avail, no other codes at all????

if you keep messing about reving it you eventually get the code again for crank sensor signal implausible

noticed on the scan which ive neve seen before right hand engine mount open circuit this is on the same loom as the crank sensor?? coincidence or rubbed wire?

swapped fuel filter for good measure, still same driving me mad.

heres a video

Last edited:
Managed to sort it,

while replacing the turbo i had to remove a stud, there was an extra nut on it i got out of my stores, this dropped off i and i assumed it hit the floor, no audi have a hole in the top of the gearbox the perfect size for stuff to fall in?

so the nut dropped in a day later hence the crackle noise and has bent loads of the fingers on the flywheel the crank sensor reads off hence the occasional code!

i got some pics will upload them later for everyone's amusement!

at least ive nailed removing the box now just over 2 hrs.