3.0 TDi Quattro gearbox issue

Ellis85

Reaction score
Hi.
Mate has a 54 plate A6, 3.0 TDi, Quattro, automatic. It started with the car slipping in 3rd but now has lost all drive altogether. Any ideas? It has had a fresh oil change just before it packed in altogether, to try and and remedy it as it can help apparently. I'm going to plug it into VCDS on Monday to see if it brings up any errors.
Thanks

Hi mate, did you have the problem before the oil change?

It's my mates car. But yeah, it was slipping in 3rd, so had the oil changed to see if it would help as he was advised to do that as the first thing to try. Was a bit better I think but then just stopped with a bit of a clunk, like something had come undone or broke, and now has no drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi.
Mate has a 54 plate A6, 3.0 TDi, Quattro, automatic. It started with the car slipping in 3rd but now has lost all drive altogether. Any ideas? It has had a fresh oil change just before it packed in altogether, to try and and remedy it as it can help apparently. I'm going to plug it into VCDS on Monday to see if it brings up any errors.
Thanks
Are you sure the transmission fluid level is OK?

Are you sure the transmission fluid level is OK?

It went to a garage for oil change so I'm hoping so. But you never know. Will have a check tomorrow. Going to plug into VCDS tomorrow to check for electrical problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk