3.0 Tdi Quattro remap

Bigslope

Reaction score
Right, I always ask and plan well in Advance so here is my question.

My warranty runs out in August this year on my 2009 A4 3.0 Tdi Quattro Avant.
I want a remap to make it sharper. It is an auto tiptronic box.

I am thinking Revo and using Performance 360 in N Ireland where I live.
However are their maps really that good?
I have been told they puts lots into R&D to ensure they are the best but I have had cars mapped by both Autotune and Torquetronix in the past and have been really happy with both.

My last A3 2.0 tdi 140 was revo remapped and was really sharp but at nearly £500 its a lot of cash.

I will get it mapped in August when the warranty expires and not before as I always suffer from Murphys law lol

Reactions: Revo Steve-W
I thought they were £399 which would make them cheaper than most I've seen.

The ECU on your car will be probably be Anti tune so it has to come out and be opened up to be mapped. This requires more equipment and money / expertise. I have seem some tuners charging £100 extra for doing these due to the extra time and effort required.
If your primary concern is cost then a Revo map may not be the cheapest but I don't think you will find anybody doing cheap maps for that car.

Karl.

The ECU on your car will be probably be Anti tune so it has to come out and be opened up to be mapped. This requires more equipment and money / expertise. I have seem some tuners charging £100 extra for doing these due to the extra time and effort required.
If your primary concern is cost then a Revo map may not be the cheapest but I don't think you will find anybody doing cheap maps for that car.

Karl.

Cost is not the issue as you get what you pay for. Thats why I am asking is Revo really worth the money.
AFAIK 2009 models are not ECU locked but I may be wrong.

Our local dealers do not charge extra for the ECU removal and unlock. I have spoken to them all about it. Just trying to see what everyone thinks.

Thanks for the reply as all help :)

Car will feel loads better when remapped mate, 3.0 tdi Quattro is a very responsive engine when at stage 1. Effortless overtaking and all round really.

Sean

Car will feel loads better when remapped mate, 3.0 tdi Quattro is a very responsive engine when at stage 1. Effortless overtaking and all round really.

Sean

Thanks Sean, just need to decide which dealer to use and limited in Northern Ireland.
Will also wait to August till warranty runs out as I doubt Audi would cover anything once remapped

It's a shame your not in England my dad's daily is a a6 3.0 tdi Le Mans which is shark performance remapped and he's had loads of warranty work by Lincoln audi they just not bothered about the remap ( he has bought a lot of cars from them over past couple years so they might let it go because of future sales........)

Is yours manual or auto/ dsg ?

Sean

Do any of these tuners have a 4wd dyno as I am looking to get mine mapped and would really like a before and after to see what it's doing and if there are any issues and not that many tuners have 4wd dynos.

Karl.

Do any of these tuners have a 4wd dyno as I am looking to get mine mapped and would really like a before and after to see what it's doing and if there are any issues and not that many tuners have 4wd dynos.

Karl.

Gone off amd?

It's a shame your not in England my dad's daily is a a6 3.0 tdi Le Mans which is shark performance remapped and he's had loads of warranty work by Lincoln audi they just not bothered about the remap ( he has bought a lot of cars from them over past couple years so they might let it go because of future sales........)

Is yours manual or auto/ dsg ?

Sean

Mines Tiptronic. Belfast Audi Service manager who i know says they will detect the remap right away and not honour any warranty work at all. Its a pity as Revo have 20% off until the end of the month

Emailed Revo, I might be interested if they have a 4x4 rolling road in a dealer close by.

Gone off amd?
No I didn't want to be going to Ireland I was just making the point that with the car he has if he wants it on a dyno it needs to be a 4wd one and most tuners just have a standard 2wd dyno.
Got the clutch fitted yet ?
Revos main european site is in Daventry where they do all there R and D so that would be a good place to go and not too far for you.

http://goo.gl/maps/2Fg0M

Karl.

Last edited:
No I didn't want to be going to Ireland I was just making the point that with the car he has if he wants it on a dyno it needs to be a 4wd one and most tuners just have a standard 2wd dyno.
Got the clutch fitted yet ?
Revos main european site is in Daventry where they do all there R and D so that would be a good place to go and not too far for you.

Karl.

Picking the car up tomorrow morning, been a pita to be honest with the clutch being so rare then audi didn't deliver it until 1pm today :(

If I go amd they'll offer dpf delete and remap for 700 but I don't think Revo will...

I'm hopefully getting remapped this week(end)
Was offered remap and DPF delete (gutting of DPF pipe) for 335 from a mechanic mate of mine who has really good software.
Have decided to rather opt for just the remap through him for 195, and I'll get a proper downpipe made up at an exhaust place.
Downpipe to cost between 150 and 200.

I rather suspect a proper downpipe will flow better, and at least I'll still have my DPF if I should ever need it refitted.

Last edited:
Well i jumped last night and got a Revo remap from Performance360 in Northern Ireland and am really happy.
The car now drives how it should imo. Lots more mid range power and I was told the car will get even better after a week or two due to it learning my driving style

We don't set cars up on a Dyno chasing figures. our dealers set cars up on the road, where they are driven (makes sense) by data logging and adjusting the fueling, boost, timing to suit. hence we get the gains in the mid range, where you would want them, along with smooth and responsive power delivery.

More information here - Revo Technik FAQ's

We don't set cars up on a Dyno chasing figures. our dealers set cars up on the road, where they are driven (makes sense) by data logging and adjusting the fueling, boost, timing to suit. hence we get the gains in the mid range, where you would want them, along with smooth and responsive power delivery.

More information here - Revo Technik FAQ's

Do you do any deals on a dpf delete with a performance remap?

Jamie, We're Revo HQ in Daventry, so don't actually do retail work from here at the development center.

Give Northampton MS a call or send Chris/Troy an email -

nmsltd@btconnect.com / (0)1604 766624 Unit 52
Rothersthorpe Crescent, Rothersthorpe Avenue Ind Est, Northampton NN4 8JD
Northampton Motorsport - Home

The other options are Midland VW or V-Hub in Tewkesbury, depending which is easier for yourself.

| Midland VW

| V Hub ltd

Remember the winter sale is on until the end of the month.

Thanks