3.0 tdi remap advice

Jooles

Reaction score
I've got a B8.5 2012 3.0 tdi 245 manual and I'm thinking about a remap later this year, I've spoken to the insurance company and at present there would be no additional cost if it made up to 300bhp which I found surprising but that's got to be good news.

Thing is like most people, I'm not sure who to go to and should I go for rolling road tests before and after or is a road test better? Ideally could do with somewhere within 100 miles or so of Nottingham but it would be more important to get it right. The mileage is just over 100,000 at present.
Your advice would be greatly appreciated but am thinking at the moment of AMD, Revo or Darkside Developments?

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

I can do but I got bad news for you - my map on these makes 330hp/750nm so insurance company might charge you :)

Reactions: RyanJonS4 and RS5 JON
Hi.
If you do have any issues with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

I can do but I got bad news for you - my map on these makes 330hp/750nm so insurance company might charge you :)
Sounds interesting but is it likely to cause any problems with the mileage (100k) plus not sure if it's still on the original clutch although there's nothing obviously wrong at the moment. I'd need to find out from the insurance first but is 330hp the normal figure possible?

Sounds interesting but is it likely to cause any problems with the mileage (100k) plus not sure if it's still on the original clutch although there's nothing obviously wrong at the moment. I'd need to find out from the insurance first but is 330hp the normal figure possible?

I don't think your Insurance company could tell if you had an extra 30hp, well, not unless you tell them...... :whistle2:

JG

100k is not a issue and nor is the clutch, its the reason why I tune the gearbox and ecu together so I can add more clamping pressure to the clutche.
As for whats "normal" its hard to say because most places claim to be custom and up until I started pushing this platform they were all claiming around 280hp.
280hp become 300, 310 and now some cases 320hp, but reality is they are the same 280hp files with marketing nonsense. I would be more concerned about the torque figures as the hp is right at the top end and in most everyday driving you are rarely at this rpm range.

100k is not a issue and nor is the clutch, its the reason why I tune the gearbox and ecu together so I can add more clamping pressure to the clutche.
As for whats "normal" its hard to say because most places claim to be custom and up until I started pushing this platform they were all claiming around 280hp.
280hp become 300, 310 and now some cases 320hp, but reality is they are the same 280hp files with marketing nonsense. I would be more concerned about the torque figures as the hp is right at the top end and in most everyday driving you are rarely at this rpm range.

I understand what you're saying, mines a manual box though if that makes a difference?

Manual 245hp model - I've never seen that before, manual stock clutches can take 900nm so nothing to worry about there.
Do you know the engine code?

Manual 245hp model - I've never seen that before, manual stock clutches can take 900nm so nothing to worry about there.
Do you know the engine code?
I might be wrong but here's the info
51cf89386d23eb8af9527e1c111f9867.jpg

Reactions: bobby singh
You do indeed have a 245hp with CDUC engine code - very rare car to have it in manual.
Hopefully it's a good thing being rare! I spent a while looking for a manual as the wife doesn't get on with autos

I've got 322 hp with 728 Nm of torque from my CDUC. I'm happy with this tune and had the TCU tuned at the same occasion. Almost a year with it tuned and 131k km on the ODO there has been no problems. No hardware mods done to the car.

I've got 322 hp with 728 Nm of torque from my CDUC. I'm happy with this tune and had the TCU tuned at the same occasion. Almost a year with it tuned and 131k km on the ODO there has been no problems. No hardware mods done to the car.
Sounds encouraging but forgive my ignorance - what does TCU mean?

Transmission Control Unit; It's the ECU for the automatic gearbox.
Thanks, you can tell I've never owned an automatic and only been driving 42 years!

Hey man, new to the 3.0tdi world and looking into mapping soon, and across the forums you are recommended as the man to go to! And the figures you are achieving are well above others! Love to hear back from you and get some more info bud.

Hey man, new to the 3.0tdi world and looking into mapping soon, and across the forums you are recommended as the man to go to! And the figures you are achieving are well above others! Love to hear back from you and get some more info bud.
Welcome to the 3.0TDI owners club.

Thanks - what would you like to know?
Depending on the engine code results slightly vary due to turbo, fuel pump design etc
If you have a CAPA/CCWA then stock hardware tuning normally brings between 310 to 320hp with around 720nm (ccwa have a cp4 fuel pump which normally does give issues with torque and can limp - solution is a better fuel pump which I keep in stock. Capa's have smaller injectors but a better fuel pump that can take around 380hp.

245hp style engines can make 330hp / 750nm with stock hardware same turbo wheel sizes as the early engines but housing are different therefore flow more.
Fuel pumps are chain driven but can do around 380hp without much issue if the condition is healthy

Cheers