3.0tdi injector seals

Mat196

Reaction score
Hi I am going to change all 6 injector seals. I dont know the torque setting though for re assembly?

IMG 2969

Reactions: Mat196
So i managed to get the injectors out. But theres a bit of a problem. The injector that was chuffing has split the copper washer in 2. 1 half came out on the injector, the other stayed down the hole. I planned on recutting the seat but how do i get the remaining half copper washer unstuck from the head without falling into the cylinder head

Attachments

• 20190801_174058.jpg
    20190801_174058.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 594
So i managed to get the injectors out. But theres a bit of a problem. The injector that was chuffing has split the copper washer in 2. 1 half came out on the injector, the other stayed down the hole. I planned on recutting the seat but how do i get the remaining half copper washer unstuck from the head without falling into the cylinder head
I would thread a length of soft string, Paracord etc. Down into the hole then remove the copper washer and pull the string back out. Voila

Im thinking of blocking the hole with a small piece of rag. The copper washer is only a piece of it left and its so thin i might just ream it away with the seat cutter n then get hoover with small tube in the hole to get rid of the mess before pulling the rag out

Reactions: LloydB7
Completed the job today. Did all 6 seals. Jesus the right bank is a ball ache to get to. Had to remove the Y piece intake to get to the rocker bolts.
Suprised at how much difference it has made, quitened right down now, 3 out of 6 of the seals were passing

Attachments

• IMG-20190809-WA0014.jpeg
    IMG-20190809-WA0014.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 639
Completed the job today. Did all 6 seals. Jesus the right bank is a ball ache to get to. Had to remove the Y piece intake to get to the rocker bolts.
Suprised at how much difference it has made, quitened right down now, 3 out of 6 of the seals were passing

What problems were you having Mat?