3.2v6 timing chains

rhinopower

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Anyone had these replaced? My dads chains have stretched or the tensioner is on its way out so needs doing. Manual gearbox, how much? I know Audi is around £4k

Hi Rhino, not sure where you are based but the man for any 3.2 timing chains work is Gareth at VAG Auto Care Services in Lincoln. Won't cost anywhere the amount you were quoted by Audi. He has done many timing chains replacement jobs, he's quite well known in the VW / Audi scene for working on the 3.2 engine. The best way to get access to the cam chain is to remove the engine so at this point it's usually wise to change the clutch as it will be exposed and accessible when the engine is out, so it is worth considering a clutch replacement at the same time. He is just in the middle of moving to new premises and will be up and running in about a week's time I believe.

Call him on 01522 694560

It's booked in for this week. £1200 plus the cam adjusters if required.

I'm struggling to find a new clutch to put on it. The usual places don't even stock them. Wouldn't trust a lot of ebays offerings due to the amount of fake stuff on there.

That's at a local indi. The adjusters are £370 each plus vat, but, because of the mileage and regular services instead of long life they are likely to be ok :)

Just need to find a clutch.