3 door - Unlocking.

kash_v

Reaction score
Hi guys,

A few times gone to unlock the car and nothing happens ( using the fob) I have to unlock it via the door.

It will be fine for ages, then stop unlocking randomly. New battery in both fobs too.

I notice the hazard button doesnt light up when trying to unlock via the key.

I don't have vcds/can't get the car scanned soon.

Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

Had this issue a few times...seems to be random....I'll press unlock and nothing will happen

Reactions: kash_v
Mine does the same, something I have noticed though, I have beep on lock activated and it's very quiet compared to what it used to be

Strange isn't it.

I'm hoping it's just the colder temperature, as I've noticed my car takes longer to start now in the mornings too - could be battery related perhaps?

I have it sometimes with one of my keys. I have to use the key in the lock and then put it straight into the ignition. Works fine again after that
I assumed it's a key fob issue but never got around to getting another
It does bring up a key adaption/incorrect no basic setting fault on vcds when it does it

Annoying fault more then anything.

Could be the drivers side lock module/latch. But most cases if it's that, Driver side doesn't unlock at all (according to few threads I found)- mine works alot of time, then likes to play up.

Going to try wd40 silicone stuff for now.

Just my luck. Started to play up even more just now.

Will upload a vid

Turns out I need a new locking module/mechanism .

Turns out I need a new locking module/mechanism .

It's probably right that because my passenger door did the same thing and I swapped the door lock mechanism myself and it's been fine since and that was about a year ago

Yeah, annoying fault.

Wont be fitting a used unit though, don't fancy doing the job twice lol.

Similar problem here mate.
In my case, when I unlock the car via key fob, it unlocks the passenger door and boot, but the drivers door stays locked.
It usually happens more often in the winter time.
Then I need to unlock the drivers door with the key.
I think it is the door mechanism or something. As it seems, common fault in the A3's
When i bought the car, went with it to the main dealer to do a check up and the only error it had was of the door mechanism. But since everything worked fine at the time, I didn't worried too much. But now it is really annoying.
Think i will have to take of the door card to change the machanism.

@rmag 100% door mechanism.

As previously said, I will be fitting a new part.