3" downpie to OEM Cat?

drewman

Reaction score
I'm heading to Stage 2 the car and wondering if it is possible or worth changing the 1.8t AGU downpipe for a 3" but marrying it with an OEM cat, then back to a 3" cat-back exhaust?

Or, is it better to stage 2 the rest but leave the downpipe/cat or I'm I thinking stupid here, or not bother at all ha

I just dont want the yearly hassle of swapping out the decat and I cant justify spending out on a sports cat at this time

Cheers

there won't be anything off the shelf for this... you will need to get someone to cut and shut the OE downpipe and the aftermarket one to get them together... the price of doing that will vary of course but you may be better off just saving for a sport cat version and be done

<tuffty/>

Even then a sport cat can't guarantee that it'll pass emissions, aren't there new regs about replacement cats?

I believe they need to be ceramic and type approved but tbh I doubt most test centres will worry as long as the emissions test is passed... I might ask a mate of mine who does MOTs for a living on what the script is these days with CATs...

<tuffty/>

I believe they need to be ceramic and type approved but I think its more do with legality than passing an MOT test and tbh I doubt most test centres will worry as long as the emissions test is passed... I might ask a mate of mine who does MOTs for a living on what the script is these days with CATs...

<tuffty/>

Think you're right sounds familiar about the ceramic and type approved, rather than metallic type. Guess it's true that an MOT tester would have do to be pretty damn mean to pull you up on having the wrong type of CAT, especially if it passed emissions.

P.s. some crazy double posting going on there!