3" downpipe

Kevin@bndynamix

Reaction score
Hi at moment running milltek 2.5" d/p from my k04 with sports cat inc milltek non res system ordered BBT 418T with JBS exh manifold and 600cc injectors . Is it a must I use 3" d/p? My milltek d/p wasn't cheap and not that old how much power will I lose over 3" d/p with decat??
thanks.

Have the jbs manifolds been rectified. They had problems with flow.
And yeh 3 inch for sure. You need to keep egt's down and a 2.5 wont be flowing well enough with that hybrid.

Are you sure you have a 2.5 inch miltek downpipe? Cant find any info on this

Was on car when got it and fitted not long before I got car he said it was anyway, have had a look system milltek presumed from turbo and d/p was too. On bill was k04 pipe/ sports cat and non res milltek £850 fitted.

The milltek used to only be sports cats and cat back. No dp at all. Maybe they have changed?
Its worth checking if you dont have a decent dp you may aswell not fit the hybrid!

Ok thanks for info I'll just get 3" d/p see if jeff at pipewerx sort me good price. May as well run 3" all way through and get full system if price is right!!!

Yeh. You will get money back on the other system aswell.
Have you already got the manifold?
Who is going to do your mapping for the hybrid?

Badger5 I'm still building my engine new H rods and pistons hopefully turbo here this week been month since ordered it and ordered inj last week. With the JBS have had collector ported and opened up to 47mm as bill told me to do. Are hi flow intakes worth getting?? Can get 034 Motorsport one £490inc the dreaded import tax.

Ahhh your already in good hands.
Glad to hear you have sorted the manifold that would have been bad news. Pretty sure your current intake will be fine at those power levels.
Keep in touch with bill and let him know exactly what spec you have before you book up.
You have wmi?

Yes running wmi on car but been using wmi for 3-4 yrs now on all my previous 1.8t.

Sweet. Seems keeping hybrids cool is paramount to any real power increase. When you planning to be finished out of interest?

Sept just having time finish and fit engine. I have my own BMW/ mini independent garage and pretty busy at moment so sort of on back boiler at moment. Last thing I want do with weather being so nice work on cars all day then stay over do mine!!!

Pointless sticking a 3inch down pipe on a 2.5 inch system,Change the whole system to a 3inch to reap any benifits

3" downpipe good idea.. larger again would actually help ;)

hoping the rest of the system is'nt 2.5"? 2.75" normal miltek type of size