350bhp how easy

Leeds/lee

Reaction score
In January/February I'll be looking at tunning my S3 to 350bhp.

How easy is this and what upgrades will i need?

Commonly known as Stage 2+ will get you there and maybe slightly over the desired power:

Required components:
Cold Air Intake (CAI) - Revo is a decent kit
High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) or pump internals upgrade
Turbo Back exhaust (larger Downpipe) with CAT or deCAT
Stage 2+ ECU remap
May need a RS4 fuel return valve - depending on the map - I didn't need it

Searching this forum section will get you all the answers you seek though.

And again as above.

Quite straightforward and reliable.
It should amount to about £2k or thereabouts but also consider suspension and braking upgrades.

Reactions: leshkin
I went down the power route at the same time as upgrading the suspension to a set of coilovers.

If I was to do it again, I'd probably go down the more sensible route of getting the coilovers, ARBs, WALK and brakes with a stage 1 map, then build up to stg2+ from there.

The extra power from stg2+ really highlights S3's shortcomings in chassis and brakes, so that's where I'd focus first.

Reactions: S3Alex
Sorry, that refers to Whiteline Anti-lift Kit, also known as a more generic ALK.

As per product description:
Whiteline Anti Lift Kit (WALK) is designed to add 0.5 deg static positive caster to both front wheels while changing the nature of front anti-dive & lift. The low compliance bush also maintain higher dynamic positive castor. By changing the front control arm geometry - the new alloy mounts coupled with the new low compliance synthetic elastomer bushings change front suspension attitude. This leads to superior traction under power including cornering & dramatically reducing understeer & front wheel spin. The additional castor coupled with the new firmer bushings supplied serve to dramatically sharpen initial turn-in response then forcing more consistent alignment angles through the corner due to the reduced bush compliance

Hi all, I am looking at going for stage 2+ after xmas too, i have already fitted a turbo-back milltek and revo induction these two together have really changed the drive of the car :tongueclosed: was just wondering what remap people would suggest and where to go if i wanted to go 2+,

what would the rs4 fuel return valve be used for?

I am in west midlands area so somewhere a little more local would be good!

if anyone can help that would be great, thanks

So, the RS4 valve will maintain a higher fuel rail pressure that is generated by the uprated HPFP and Stg2+ map. In some cases, the stock valve works just fine, so may not be required. For Stg2+ a HPFP uprgade is definitely needed though.

Can't help with local tuners though.

Just remembered, if you have a manual gearbox then plan for an upgraded clutch before you are anywhere near the torque of a Stage 2+ tune. DSG boxes seem to handle the torque levels just fine with stock software, but do benefit from a software upgrade.

i will be getting auto tech hpfp, sorry i meant what type/make of map to get? i have seen a few people mention revo or apr, or am i better to get a custom map?

i am manual gearbox so will deffo have to look at getting the uprated clutch any recommendations?

cheers for the help

Can stage 2+ not handle that power then..?

Not sure I follow - you mean the manual clutch? Yes, unlikely to last that long after Stg2+ - I have no first-hand experience with this having a DSG myself, but it's well documented in this forum.

i will be getting auto tech hpfp, sorry i meant what type/make of map to get? i have seen a few people mention revo or apr, or am i better to get a custom map?

i am manual gearbox so will deffo have to look at getting the uprated clutch any recommendations?

cheers for the help

Revo or APR are both known maps that people rate. I have a map from Unicorn Developments, but there is really not that much between them.

Reactions: thedyson79

cheers for the help

For any everyday driver that doesnt get drag raced,the Sachs organic and DMF is fine,and will hold the torque.
It will not cope with drag runs.

For that,something like a Spec Stg3+( as I have) will cope with anything.

I have the DSG box.

Have many people had the DSG remap does it make a big difference

To ho
I have the DSG box.

Have many people had the DSG remap does it make a big difference

To hold an increased torque level,a remap will help,and shift times etc can be decreased.
Various tuners offer DSG remaps,but also try the DSG-Dokter.