544aeebded0721cf6f0c645accb7f0f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: PeteRS3lee, RS03???, Riko0073 and 3 others
On the car, an hour a side max

d498786dd858b427a1f733fe288584af.jpg

Reactions: CHRS3, RS03???, Kelza and 1 other person
Good looking discs.
Are they any noisier than oe? Previously found some groove/drill/dimple discs can get noisy
I’m starting to look at disc/pads as after a year of very little miles mine looks like a rusty mess. Probably didn’t help I still cleaned my car during that period.

Good looking discs.
Are they any noisier than oe? Previously found some groove/drill/dimple discs can get noisy
I’m starting to look at disc/pads as after a year of very little miles mine looks like a rusty mess. Probably didn’t help I still cleaned my car during that period.

No noisier really.
I needed a disc that matched the front Reylands and these fitted the Bill perfectly.

Reactions: AlS3BE
Good looking discs.
The hubs on my rears have rusted up. Get the wheel off and go at the with a sanding block and it'll sort them. Then spray them if you want to go a the extra mile.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

The hubs on my rears have rusted up. Get the wheel off and go at the with a sanding block and it'll sort them. Then spray them if you want to go a the extra mile.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

There’s a bit of lip on the disc and will be needing new pads soon so think it’s time for for new stuff. Quite like that big disc conversion kit from VBT. New carriers and new discs and I get that big disc look in the back.

Reactions: 8YARWY and garethdj
No noisier really.
I needed a disc that matched the front Reylands and these fitted the Bill perfectly.

Not fancy the Reyland 350mm or 365mm kit?

I know 2 piece discs on the rear is massive overkill but would have been a nice match

Reactions: 8YARWY

I know 2 piece discs on the rear is massive overkill but would have been a nice match

Yes I was going to order the Reyland rears however I’d have wanted the floating rears and those were £700 the pair, overkill in my eyes.
I could’ve bought the bolted rears but they are pretty much what I’ve got here minus the bolts.
The other thing I’m not keen on is drilling out the rear caliper carrier as this renders it useless if the car ever goes back to stock.
The VBT extension is a straight bolt on affair
9bd253590ff1a1122730de1863078413.jpg

Now the black coating has worn off the faces I think they look good and am happy with them, far better looking than standard 310 rears anyway.

Plus I’ve got other items I need to spend on like the Revo elbow, Forge oil catch can and a DSG breather kit

Reactions: AlS3BE and Count Drunkula
I'll just be going for the 310mm bolted 2 piece rotors at some point this year from reyland .

Every MQB car I've had absolutely eats rear discs

Yes I was going to order the Reyland rears however I’d have wanted the floating rears and those were £700 the pair, overkill in my eyes.
I could’ve bought the bolted rears but they are pretty much what I’ve got here minus the bolts.
The other thing I’m not keen on is drilling out the rear caliper carrier as this renders it useless if the car ever goes back to stock.

Now the black coating has worn off the faces I think they look good and am happy with them, far better looking than standard 310 rears anyway.

Plus I’ve got other items I need to spend on like the Revo elbow, Forge oil catch can and a DSG breather kit

Wondering will these kits work with my factory 18in wheels.
Looks like maybe 1-2cm space left

I think they will be extremely tight mate.
I have the rs7 wavy discs on my rears and with 19's the gap you see in one of T1000 pics shows how tight it is for us.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

I’ll take a measurement of the distance between the caliper edge and the inside of the wheel barrel.

Around 15mm but you need to allow for any wheel weights off that figure too
94a141207bdabc03fc38222ef1ffb720.jpg

Forget the 15mm

Something was bugging me after I measured that.

The caliper design means it’s tighter so only 5mm to any balance weight.

43c91c7f92aeb74f0b59bdc1bdf94d4e.jpg

Forget the 15mm

Something was bugging me after I measured that.

The caliper design means it’s tighter so only 5mm to any balance weight.

43c91c7f92aeb74f0b59bdc1bdf94d4e.jpg

That’s on your 19s. On 18s I don’t think it will clear.

Someone have experience with the Comp./site
Killerbrakes ?

I’ve got de Revo 380mm in front ..
Now with brexit the shippingcost is a lot more ..
Someone have ordered by www.killerbrakes.com???

Looking good! Much improvement in braking performance?

Changed my rear discs a few months back but just went for the VBT 310mm drilled to match the standard fronts. Fitted the Goodridge braided brake lines and replaced the fluid with Motul RBF600 which has certainly helped!

Looking good! Much improvement in braking performance?

Changed my rear discs a few months back but just went for the VBT 310mm drilled to match the standard fronts. Fitted the Goodridge braided brake lines and replaced the fluid with Motul RBF600 which has certainly helped!

Now the coating has worn off I managed some high speed braking today, a big improvement hauling the car down.

Really pleased with them, they seem well suited to the DS2500 rears too.

Reactions: CamRNW
I'll just be going for the 310mm bolted 2 piece rotors at some point this year from reyland .

Every MQB car I've had absolutely eats rear discs

Currently talking to reyland about a 2 piece 356mm disc with MQB center bore that I can use with the VBT brake adapter

I've 380mmm Reylands and the full floating standard size setup on the back. Cannot fault the performance and price, but my god do they rust up if water goes anywhere near them. Definitely need the veins and centres painted before you fit them. Unfortunate they don't come coated. Just a heads up for those buying them if you car sits outside at all. I buy iron fall out remover by the gallon to get the orange off them!

Those rear vagbremtechinq look excellent.

Reactions: Cheggers
The VBT discs are still holding up well. Black coating still intact.
Work well with the DBA extreme pads too.

Reactions: ArrEssDrei and Count Drunkula
Currently talking to reyland about a 2 piece 356mm disc with MQB center bore that I can use with the VBT brake adapter
So after giving up with reyland and their poor communication I've just put on a set of OEM pads for the short term until I decide on what rear discs to go for.

Feck me they made the top slide pin on each rear caliper inaccessible with their brake line routing , passenger side was particularly horrendous

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

So after giving up with reyland and their poor communication I've just put on a set of OEM pads for the short term until I decide on what rear discs to go for.

Feck me they made the top slide pin on each rear caliper inaccessible with their brake line routing , passenger side was particularly horrendous

Dunno mate.

I had zero issues fitting the VBT discs / carriers.

Dunno mate.

I had zero issues fitting the VBT discs / carriers.

In fairness I was using a 7mm Allen bit on a 3/8th drive , would have been much easier with a 7mm Allen key but of course that and the 9mm are missing from my set , probably gone to the same realm as my 10mm socket .

Dunno if all RS3 rears are the same or perhaps just the angle my rear lines are connected at but was still a pig to do , did have a chuckle at the passenger side when I noticed the routing of the brake pad warning wire goes through the bleed nipple cap for neatness and the cap actually has a recess for holding it

In fairness I was using a 7mm Allen bit on a 3/8th drive , would have been much easier with a 7mm Allen key but of course that and the 9mm are missing from my set , probably gone to the same realm as my 10mm socket .

Dunno if all RS3 rears are the same or perhaps just the angle my rear lines are connected at but was still a pig to do , did have a chuckle at the passenger side when I noticed the routing of the brake pad warning wire goes through the bleed nipple cap for neatness and the cap actually has a recess for holding it

Yer best bet for that top Hex 7mm is a 1/4” bit / ratchet.
You may need to just slightly pull the brake line down to ease access to it.