360 camera view - is there a way...

Headzup

Reaction score
When selecting reverse gear to have the screen show the overhead ‘camera’ view as standard rather than the overhead ‘sensor’ view?

I know you can change it manually each time, but it’s a bit of a faff.

When selecting reverse gear to have the screen show the overhead ‘camera’ view as standard rather than the overhead ‘sensor’ view?

I know you can change it manually each time, but it’s a bit of a faff.
Are you talking about changing the right hand side of the screen display to overhead view? You can change it in the options menu but the car will revert back to sensor view when you next start it. Apparently it's a bug; the option should stick but it doesn't. Audi are aware of the issue but have no fix yet. Very annoying!

Reactions: Headzup
Yes, exactly that.

All in all I think Audi ‘development’ of features (including the MMI) over the past year I’ve had my car has been disappointing/non-existent - which is a shame as there are definitely areas and room to enhance and improve IMHO...

Yes, exactly that.

All in all I think Audi ‘development’ of features (including the MMI) over the past year I’ve had my car has been disappointing/non-existent - which is a shame as there are definitely areas and room to enhance and improve IMHO...
It's a shame - the software is pretty much set in stone once you buy the car. A rather old fashioned view in this day of constant updates (although there's something to be said for not changing it every 5 minutes either!)

The only way you seem to get an update is if it fixes a specific problem you've complained about, and even then it's only a fix, not new features.

FYI, there's a long thread about the surround camera issue on Audi World (USA) but no fix there either! https://www.audiworld.com/forums/au...-camera-select-making-default-2930552/page27/

Yes, exactly that.

I could be because they are focusing upon the newer technology as fitted to the A/Q8, A7, A6 and Q3's. Our software would have been developed before the car was in production. This might also be the reason they are changing the MyAudi platforms as well...