360 Cameras and Discount

Hey mate,

Is there any way you have access any of the other Audi Hub messages where they discuss the removal of Wireless Charging and any comments on that from memory a figure of £175 was bandied about before they went into full deny mode on that one too? Or any other comms from the Audi Hub or Audi UK relating to all the spec being quietly dropped.

As far as I'm aware they never "officially" disclosed dropping the following;
- 2 Rear USB-C's
- TPMS
- Audi Side Assist + Additional Features

Although I have a feeling there will be internal messages between Audi UK, Audi DE and UK Retailers about the spec being quietly removed even though I was categorically told by someone in Jardine Management that Audi UK doesn't think dropping features like the above is really all that important even though they had no knowledge of them being dropped. Couldn't make up some of what I've been told.

If there's any other features they've dropped that I haven't spotted or any other comms or copies of comms you have that Audi or your retailer sent you if you could post them here or PM me them as I've got someone interested in this at the moment and the more proof I have the better.

Thanks
DM

I ordered in September and don’t think any of those were on the spec sheet so don’t think they were ever official anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DangerMouseUK
Found the paper standard equipment list, I printed when I placed the order in Aug21 for a Vorsprung.
360 was there as KA6. (removed Nov 21)
No mention of TPMS, Wireless Charging or Park Assist equipment codes were listed on my printout, so assuming as standard on Vorsprung was incorrect.

Found the paper standard equipment list, I printed when I placed the order in Aug21 for a Vorsprung.
360 was there as KA6. (removed Nov 21)
No mention of TPMS, Wireless Charging or Park Assist equipment codes were listed on my printout, so assuming as standard on Vorsprung was incorrect.

Did it still list 2 Rear USB-C ports? As the website was still listing that until quite recently - also the website definitely listed Wireless Charging when it was first launched and there was talk of a £175 refund for that feature being dropped. Strange that the underlying standard equipment list didn’t have any of it listed af all.

TPMS was never listed as far as I recall- they had it shown in pictures from launch cars which isn’t anything concrete.

Also strange that the S3 Vorsprung that has identical mirrors comes with Audi Side Assist + extra features and the RS3 doesn’t - doesn’t really seem “fair”.

Thanks for that though appreciated.

Here’s a spec from 12th August. Shows 360 cam and park assist.

Attachments

• RS_3_Saloon-AEYTXDKC.pdf
    593.2 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: DangerMouseUK, garethdj and RS03???
Did it still list 2 Rear USB-C ports? As the website was still listing that until quite recently - also the website definitely listed Wireless Charging when it was first launched and there was talk of a £175 refund for that feature being dropped. Strange that the underlying standard equipment list didn’t have any of it listed af all.

TPMS was never listed as far as I recall- they had it shown in pictures from launch cars which isn’t anything concrete.

Also strange that the S3 Vorsprung that has identical mirrors comes with Audi Side Assist + extra features and the RS3 doesn’t - doesn’t really seem “fair”.

Thanks for that though appreciated.

2 Rear USB-C was not mentioned, however on a RS6 its specifically mentioned as
UE8 Two USB-C charging ports in the rear,
Even the Audi UK press releases were very vague and unspecific, allowing us to assume the best case scenario as its an Audi. Another, bitter lesson, learnt.

funny its I saw yesterday 71 plate s5 and has 360 camera , they simply cut it of from lowest model wich 3 range its ,

This with the reference number at the top should be enough for them to search for it
Thanks for this info @CarterRS
I didn’t need to use the attachment but I wrote an email to my agent ;
“Also do you know if it has the “360 degree camera” as per original Vorsprung ordered specification?
I believe Audi withdrew this from all UK builds 28/10/2021, replaced it with “Reversing camera” and reduced price by £500 due to supply restraints.”
They contacted the supplying dealer who confirmed Audi UK were giving an “incentive” of £500 due to the 360 camera removal.

Thanks for this info @CarterRS
I didn’t need to use the attachment but I wrote an email to my agent ;
“Also do you know if it has the “360 degree camera” as per original Vorsprung ordered specification?
I believe Audi withdrew this from all UK builds 28/10/2021, replaced it with “Reversing camera” and reduced price by £500 due to supply restraints.”
They contacted the supplying dealer who confirmed Audi UK were giving an “incentive” of £500 due to the 360 camera removal.
retrofit its around.2k and they offer 500 another joke

Reactions: 3vans
retrofit its around.2k and they offer 500 another joke
True, but what can we do. I would have obviously preferred to get it but at least early orders get an incentive - later orders did have the price adjusted at point of order, but only until Audi put all their prices up in December 2021