S3 Big Andy

Stealth Beast Baby Yay
Reaction score
Website
www.andyoram.co.uk
.... are now sitting under my bonnet!!!

Brief report

Right here goes,

Since I put the Evoms intake on and the Autotech fuel pump, I have been chatting with revo about a stage 2+ remap, and today they did it and put it on the rollers for me, and the results ( I will post the graphs later) are (drum roll please)

360 bhp

466 Nm (344 in old money)

More important though is how it drives, and the best way to describe it would be its like trying to tame 360 wild stallions with one arm behind your back!!
It is just fantastic, pick up is quick, controlled, kind of!, and exhilarating, it breaths fire, it is the best car bar none I have ever driven, throttle response is instant, and the wheels still spin in second, which took some getting used to!! Well it was 3.5c and a bit damp so what’s a man to do eh?
I will write more detail tomorrow, but for now thank you revo and especially Carl, who is a fountain of knowledge, see you soon for the next stage!!!!!!

Goodmorning, just checking in to see if the Stallions had there beauty sleep, and have had a rich breakfast....

damn good car that ;)

nice seeing you yesterday mate and really glad you're happy :)

Will you have to swap out the internals with the big tub? and when are you going to do it?! I can't wait to see that!

Nice one mate. Revo can do some amazing things.

I had my Leon Stage 2'd with them back in 2005 and they really took some time listening to customer feedback and making a superbly balanced map to enable the FWD car manage the power. Have stuck by them ever since as they are a very approachable company, and incredibly helpful too.

Enjoy, and whilst the intake temps are low get some decent fuel in it and give it plenty!

It is driving soooooooooo well, I cant leave it alone long enough to post anything, and and off out again now!!!

NewImage.jpg

Result!
Ive been banging on today about mine being `real world quick` and it only has 310bhp.
360 in an A3 must be an absolute scream.
Enjoy.:icon_thumright:

Paul

Andy

How does your clutch handle this.Is it still original ?

And congrats to a brutal car :icon_thumright:

Wicked Andy, sounds good, enjoy!!!

Heh heh - top work and a great result for the Revo boys !
Nice one Andy

A3!!! its an S3 lol

Its a bad habit I picked up from explaining to people what an S3 is.

You must have had this coversation.

"What do you drive mate"
"an S3"
"whats that?"
"its an A3 but the fast one"
"Is it a diesel? ...Aaaaarrrgghh....:keule:

Great Job ! :applaus:

Everything OK with Autotech Fuel pump ? And you Jonny ? Seems that it's reall ok now, maybe they made revision... I'll order one 95% now when I see that people don't have problems at all!

BTW your real HP is this with DIN standard, 346 HP

This is mine ! It's restricted because of Fuel pump. I have Milltek and K%N panel...

f526e55c.jpg

My fuel pump is working ok, but I guess I woulndt know any different until problems appear..

The car is going to have an inspection in the next week or so to take a look at the fuel pump, oil change etc etc, so maybes Ill have more to report then! :)

2 S3 Big Andy> Sorry I didn't look right, it's realy 360 BHP ! Wonder how could DIN power be greater that standard ? It was only 17c, car should produce more power, not less ? :) Anyway wooow, it must be going like bullet, mine goes 13.075 @ 1/4 mille, wonder how this goes !

This is my video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkgUKGvfKmk

MMM. Wish l can rev like that. l might try it before l go, maybe not as l might not get to the airport.

So I have had the Stage 2 + re-map on for 4 days now and

I didn’t think the difference would be quite as good as it is…
The car is simply ballistic it’s pulling 1.5bar all the way through the rev range and doesn’t let up, the car is completely different all over again!
For daily use it’s easily tamed and remains perfectly drivable but being able to take full advantage of all the mods on the car means I’m struggling to drive it in such a fashion!

The car pulls effortlessly through the gears which is making high speeds a slight threat to my licence!

The guys at Revo have done a fantastic job, before they release anything they’re looking into a couple of trick tweaks which might get a little more out of her. It made 360bhp and goes like hell,(140mph comes way to quick!) it’ll be interesting to get it onto a dyno it’s been on previously…

So until the GT3071R is fitted, I am mainly found putting my baby through her paces, been driving the car a lot too!!!!!!!

You have an amazing car now Andy.

Can you make an video like a4 dtm did.So we can see how well it runs.Its always fun to look at videos from inside the cars ;)

So Mark, as I was speaking to you on the phone about £2.8k + fitting for a bit turbo kit on the TT-S, its unecessary now isn't it? Turboback Milltek, Revo Stage 2 Map, Evoms Intake & Fuel Pump = 360bhp for about £2kish

we will have BT testing done on these lower compression engines done in the coming months! :)

the 3071 is putting down the numbers in the K03 cars so should be doing a little better on the K04 cars! :)