40TFSi A6 Avant Ordered

elan2s

Reaction score
Totally unexpectedly I have ordered a 40TFSi Avant to replace my 40TDi. The dealer approached me over the weekend with a deal, which when factored in with the 3 months of no payments on offer from Audi for cars ordered by end of April and the value of Car Tax refund I will get on part exchanging the current car, meant I could effecitvely exchange the cars for no increase in payments and negligeable cash injection by me. Both cars are in Sport spec. Decided it was sensible to get out diesel when the opportuity arose as I fear the rule makers willl increasingly (and incorrectly) position diesel as a pariah fuel and that will affect residual values

Car is Vesuvius Grey (not a colour I have ben aware of before) and should be here end of March or early April. Was particularly interested to see that the trade in value for my current car was only a little over £1000 below the settlement value from Audi. I had feared it would be much worse. Will report on the new car when it arrives. Be interested if anyone has experience of this engine in the A6, although I suspect there are precious few in the country as yet

Well I hope you don't badly regret the move to petrol like I did. Having only ever owned diesels, I bought my first ever petrol car (A4 40 TFSI) in 2018, primarily because I believed all the "diesels are baaaaaad" propaganda. Oh boy, I badly regretted the move. I barely got above 30 MPG around town and really missed the torque of the diesels. I sold the car 6 month later, and bought a 40 TDI Quattro A6 (c8). Have the say i'm very pleased with my A6 diesel, shockingly its just as refined as the 40 TFSI but with massively better MPG. But anyway good luck, your experience might be different to mine!

I'm fully anticipating the drop in fuel consumption, but given that my mileage has plummeted in the last 12 months, just over 5k miles, and I do not anticipate that it will return to pre-covid levels soon if at all I should be OK. Low miles also mean that my car is for ever doing DPF regens which is having a big impact on the fuel consumption. However time will tell.

I am with Elan2s here, I have fully bought into the Petrol over Diesel idea, my last 3 cars being Diesel but this one being Petrol. The car feels completely different. Not had a chance to look at the numbers with regrd to fuel consumption yet but again not expecting to do millions of miles during Covid times.

Had an email from Audi this morning saying the car is due to go into build on 6/4 so it seems I have longer to wait than I was previously advised :grumpy:. Here's hoping it gets moved up the queue as it is a sold car

Reactions: Toucanxoo