Coilover Advice on my RS4

swisstony

Reaction score
When I got the car the DRC had been taken out and Bilstein B14's installed. Obviously over the years they have corroded ( because of the material they use ) but thats not the issue here. Its the ride quality, really harsh and crashy and my age means I dont appreciate it . Dont get me wrong its a fantastic handling car, its just the ride quality on our UK roads.
So my options.. I have narrowed it down to some KW 3 varient put on the soft setting. Not cheap I know but my plan is to remove the B14's and swap them over to the a4 daily as the raceland coilovers on there are ok but nothing special. So not chucking them away.

The next issue is that adjustment of rebound has to be done before install but if I want to make a few click changes , say go firmer or softer after a test drive, I have to remove the whole assembly as the adjustment is at the top. I know some people cut access holes for the adjustment screw in the strut towers but not a big fan of that idea to be honest .

So anyone got experience of KW3 on their audis and what they are like ?

Bilstein's are top notch but very handling orientated so too firm in my opinion for everyday road use. KW V1 or as you mentioned V3.

Drop us a PM if we can be any help.

Damian @ DPM Performance
You are correct, bilstein in general are good but way too firm. I am after KW3 so if you can put a deal together could be interested. Have already installed H&R ARB front and rear so it is pretty stiff :)