4GB SD cards for RNS-E at less than £5

C

chrisru

Having accidentally washed one of my SD cards the other week I was pleasantly surprised to find that you can now buy the 4GB cards on amazon for less than £5. Search for 4GB and Transcend and you will get a variety of cards listed, ignore the SDHC which won't work. I went for the cheapest unspecified speed cards (rather than the 150x or 133x) and they seem to work at just the same speed when I copy files to them.

I understand the limit on the cards is 512 files but using 320kbs encoding on MP3 that works out just about right - I have 424 files taking 3.9GB

Chris

I can't get my head unit to accept 4GB memory cards?!?!?!?

Am I doing something wrong?

You're prob using the SDHC as most of the bigger cards are this format.

4GB SD cards formatted to FAT32 should work fine, I use several different makes.

Any size SDHC card won't work at all.

Yep, am using said Transcend 4gb SD cards from Amazon.com seller "Chimpology", they arrived superfast & work with no problems in my recently installed RNS-E.

I've just bought an A4 with RNS-e in and was wondering how you put music onto the sd cards? I've got i-tunes on my pc and a card writer aswell but thats as far as i can go. Any help appreciated.

I have an 8gb sd card not a sdhc...it works but some of the mp3's crackle and dont play properly anyone encounter this problem or know whats wrong?

not sure if there are ANY 8Gb non-SDHC cards.
There isn't - the SD standard specs the maximum size at 4GB - there isn't enough address bits for any more.

<= 2GB - always SD.
>= 8GB - always SDHC.
4GB - available as both SD and SDHC.

There isn't - the SD standard specs the maximum size at 4GB - there isn't enough address bits for any more.

<= 2GB - always SD.
>= 8GB - always SDHC.
4GB - available as both SD and SDHC.

Nope cant be true I certainly have a 8gb sd card its not a sdhc it works only thing is some of the songs crackle when being playedback id say 90% of them are ok so 8gb is definatly out there:icon_thumright:

That says the SD max capacity is 2gb so thats clearly wrong as well ;)

Hi
@ Rajiya_ne_Oudi: I'm searching for a SD 8GB not SDHC, where do you buy yours?
I've found Samsung MMC Plus 8Gb on the web but i don't know where i can buy this!
Do you have a idea?
Thank you