Q7 4M Q7 Towbar Coding

Davus

Reaction score
Hi all.

Calling in from Australia here.

I’ve recently taken ownership of a Audi 2016 4M Q7.

I’ll be fitting up a towbar with loom and associated hardware. I’ll be doing this diy.

I have VCDS, so would prefer to keep hold of whatever money I can by doing the required coding myself.

I’ve been reading through the Roos tech forums but am struggling to find information on the relevant coding required.

Is anyone able to help out with some information of how to tackle this?

I found one thread on another forum, However in reading the differences between the before and after coding over there, I can only find 5 different sets of coding…….I thought there were more modules than that that needed recoding.

Appreciate any help.

Thankyou.

I'll watch this thread with interest as my bro-in-law is soon to buy a Q7 4M and if it doesn't come with towbar he plans on getting the factory elec swivel and I'll end up doing the VCDS coding. As you say there are a number of modules that require coding but as I've not yet been tasked to code I've not researched anything yet.

Just found this PDF with some coding info on the last page and thought it might help with your research
That’s awesome thanks!
Isn’t it amazing…..I’ve been searching for a few weeks now for something like this. Haven’t been able to find anything.
How did you come across this?
I’ll give it a go hopefully in the next few weeks and let you know how I get on.
Thanks again!
Dave

@Davus did you manage to get your towbar coded on your Q7 4M?
My B-in-L needs me to do his after he's installed it this weekend. Anything coding wise to note or was it straightforward?

Just to finish off this thread I've successfully coded in the new towbar for my Bro-in-Law on his Q7 4M, all the VCDS coding details are in my random car tinkering thread here. Hopefully it'll help someone out there ;)