5.2 V10 Airfilter Replacement

5Phil3

Reaction score
Hi All,

I had a quick search on the forums, but couldnt find anything. Does anyone know where somewhere online to view a workshop manual or even better, know how to remove the airbox to replace the air filters?

I got as far as removing the tubing around the box and undoing 3 screws that I could see but it still seemed like there was something holding it in place and I didnt want to force anything

Reactions: c16rkc
I suspect its more than 3 screws, from pics I can see at least 3 & that's with the intake pipe still in place above it, you sure you've seen them all after moving the intake out the way.

Cant check elsawin right now.

Reactions: c16rkc
Hi, few days ago i removed all intake air boxes from car to replace bulbs so i will post picture to help you

As you can see on this picture on link

you have 3 screws circled in red that you need to remove, after that you can remove cover for box together with filter and sensor, and after that you will see circled in blue you have two plastic pins that you need to force out from rubber bushing, so just grab top of box and top part move toward engine and then when you relese it rom some small pipe on it that just pull up and it will be free ;) after you do it on one side and inspect box it will be far more easier to remove it on other side.

but as i told you if you just want to remove and replace filter just undo 3 bolts in red almost and just wiggle cover and it will come out, not to mention that you need to remove plastic part coming from front of car and connecting to air box and ofc the one going from air box to throttle body,

Reactions: 5Phil3
Yup, got it off in the end, just had to be brave with the hard wiggles after removing the 3 bolts. I also found completely undoing the hose clamps and tubing helped get it all out

Reactions: Veseli1094