50Tdi Gearbox Update

Amankhalid121

Reaction score
Hi, I've recently bought my A6 and all I've been seeing is "gearbox update" since this is my 2nd car in general and my first Audi, I can't really tell if it has had the update or not it does however feel a bit laggy. Any one know the best way to go about it with Audi, even though Audi will probably say it doesn't need the update.

Reactions: DRkNESS
I'm in exactly the same position mate having just bought my 2019 50tdi. Mine was in at Audi last week for a free health check and I mentioned the gearbox update and they were very funny about it, asking where I've heard that and why I think it needs an update. I said it felt slow to change etc and they reported back that no fault could be found.
I'm considering getting my car stage 1 remapped at some point and may get the tcu mapped at the same time to improve the speed of the shifts.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

I'm in exactly the same position mate having just bought my 2019 50tdi. Mine was in at Audi last week for a free health check and I mentioned the gearbox update and they were very funny about it, asking where I've heard that and why I think it needs an update. I said it felt slow to change etc and they reported back that no fault could be found.
I'm considering getting my car stage 1 remapped at some point and may get the tcu mapped at the same time to improve the speed of the shifts.

Well I've basically plugged in a OBD11 and checked if mine needs updating, and it seems to be all up to date. Someone posted the version number of the latest update and mine seems to match it. I'm normally driving it in efficiency mode that could be the reason for me.

what the latest version of the software and how did you check what version is on your car? please

You need obd11 or up to date vcds to check it.
Carly might do it also but not too sure.

I have OBD11 but it won't connect to my obd Bluetooth thingy. I have Carista too which does work but don't see an option in that app to check software versions

I have OBD11 but it won't connect to my obd Bluetooth thingy. I have Carista too which does work but don't see an option in that app to check software versions

I don't think you can on Carista, but I've got both and OBD11 works perfectly fine for me and it's the standard version not the pro too

look up this topic;

3.0 TDI Lazy Gearbox / Turbo lag issues - Software update?​

and it will show you the OBD 11 photo I uploaded with the updated ECU update (not gear box), I had mine updated last year and car has been great ever since.