62 plate Audi A3 8V Sport LED/Xenon factory option?

Kayobong

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all, I've recently been looking at upgrading to a newer A3, and I've come across a rather interesting car, it's an A3 from 2013 (62 plate) with sport trim level, it seems to have xenon/LED headlights and LED rear lights, alacantara seats, bigger MMI screen, as well as alloy wheels which I've seen on one other Sport A3 of that generation. I was wondering if this is all factory equipment, wasn't aware you could get LED headlights on that trim level since pretty much every other sport A3 has halogens and it doesn't seem to list it on any websites listing optional extras.

Thanks
Media 1 Media Media 2

Hi all, I've recently been looking at upgrading to a newer A3, and I've come across a rather interesting car, it's an A3 from 2013 (62 plate) with sport trim level, it seems to have xenon/LED headlights and LED rear lights, alacantara seats, bigger MMI screen, as well as alloy wheels which I've seen on one other Sport A3 of that generation. I was wondering if this is all factory equipment, wasn't aware you could get LED headlights on that trim level since pretty much every other sport A3 has halogens and it doesn't seem to list it on any websites listing optional extras.

Thanks
View attachment 160771 View attachment 160772 View attachment 160773

It was an optional extra and an expensive one. You can always call Audi UK and confirm the factory spec on the car. I have a 14 plate Sportback (and Sport) with Bixenons and LEDs, and few other extras.

It also appears that the car has different alloys to the ones a Sport trim comes with. So, likely the owner had few optional extras put on.

Pics fyi

f3d9527685d65e79edb7a4910dcd192d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06 and Kayobong
It was an optional extra and an expensive one. You can always call Audi UK and confirm the factory spec on the car. I have a 14 plate Sportback (and Sport) with LEDs, and few other extras.

It also appears that the car has different alloys to the ones a Sport trim comes with. So, likely the owner had few optional extras put on.

Thanks for the quick reply, I had seen one or two with LED's I just wasn't sure if it was something the owner did themselves, thanks for the clarification!

Reactions: V6_Man
Thanks for the quick reply, I had seen one or two with LED's I just wasn't sure if it was something the owner did themselves, thanks for the clarification!

No problem bud. As you can probably see from the signature, mine has convenience and tech packs, which means interior leds, Nav and reversing camera etc as well.

No problem bud. As you can probably see from the signature, mine has convenience and tech packs, which means interior leds, Nav and reversing camera etc as well.

Good packs to have! The woman at the dealership was telling me how the car had 8k worth of extras, so a bit of incentive there, this is my front-runner out of all the Audi's I'm looking at, I love the LED's.

Those headlights look like bixenons tbh, pic not the best angle tbh.

Those headlights look like bixenons tbh, pic not the best angle tbh.

Yeah they don't have too many pictures up, that's pretty much the best one to show the front lights. I'm pretty confident they're the same lights as the ones Tashfeen posted.

His dont look like led headlights either tbh, bixenon with led drl I'd say.

It was an optional extra and an expensive one. You can always call Audi UK and confirm the factory spec on the car. I have a 14 plate Sportback (and Sport) with Bixenons and LEDs, and few other extras.

Pics fyi

f3d9527685d65e79edb7a4910dcd192d.jpg

Just a quick one. Does your A3 have the dynamic rear indicators which sweep out? Not sure if those lights have that feature. Thanks

Just a quick one. Does your A3 have the dynamic rear indicators which sweep out? Not sure if those lights have that feature. Thanks

Unless retrofitted, no. DRL were only options for the FL (2016+) model.

Reactions: Kayobong and V6_Man

Apologise for the late reply. Like @Kondax mentioned above it can be retro-fitted. And you can check the prices with a few of the forum sponsors such as DJAlix, NHN and Ash187.

Reactions: Kayobong and Kondax
I forgot to mention but the DRL units would probably cost around £1500 in total

Edit: Nevermind, seems they are only £860 supplied and fitted!

Last edited:
Dynamic / sweeping turn signal rear facelift clusters, genuine OEM new parts with 2 year warranty and OEM install (none of this Chinese module BS) = £860.00 supplied and fitted.

Edit:

Check out my Instagram and my forum sponsor section for demonstrations.

For anyone wondering about front sweeping / dynamic turning signals, aka matrix lights, it’s £1550 a side just for the parts cost of the lights!

Reactions: V6_Man and Kondax

Believe the OP is only after rear sweeping / dynamic lights. The DRLs are tad bit expensive

Reactions: Kayobong
Believe the OP is only after rear sweeping / dynamic lights. The DRLs are tad bit expensive

Ah that was probably poor abbreviation on my half, I meant dynamic rear lights not the daytime running lights, oops haha

Apologise for the late reply. Like @Kondax mentioned above it can be retro-fitted. And you can check the prices with a few of the forum sponsors such as DJAlix, NHN and Ash187.

Cheers for the replies guys!

Reactions: Kondax
Thats a decent spec upgrade!
Looks like an S-line, I know some owners don't like the harsher S-line ride so they opt for the sport model with extras.

also I have plug and play kits for the genuine facelift sweeping led tail lights.

Looks like an S-line, I know some owners don't like the harsher S-line ride so they opt for the sport model with extras.

also I have plug and play kits for the genuine facelift sweeping led tail lights.

I have an 8P sport and I think the ride is pretty firm is the S-line even harder?

Apparently. Lots of s-line owners complain about it.
Personally I replaced the springs for Eibach ones, so much better

This being one the first 8v A3s on the roads l am sure its a launch edition of sorts having all them extras

This being one the first 8v A3s on the roads l am sure its a launch edition of sorts having all them extras

I didn't realise there was a launch edition, any way to find out for sure do you think?

I didn't realise there was a launch edition, any way to find out for sure do you think?
Almost sure it is hence all the extras, positive the sport was one of the first models launched that and the basic car, the s-line.... Lastly S3, some individual wouldn't have been so stupid to fire on all them options on a sport model pointless, Audi would though, to show it as demo... etc etc, besides that to order a a car like the one your viewing would have taken 7 months or so for the factory to complete the order and by doing so it would jumped on to the newer MY13 plate year, how many previous owners has it had more importantly who was the first

Almost sure it is hence all the extras, positive the sport was one of the first models launched that and the basic car, the s-line.... Lastly S3, some individual wouldn't have been so stupid to fire on all them options on a sport model pointless, Audi would though, to show it as demo... etc etc, besides that to order a a car like the one your viewing would have taken 7 months or so for the factory to complete the order and by doing so it would jumped on to the newer MY13 plate year, how many previous owners has it had more importantly who was the first

I see, I'm not entirely sure how many owners it has but I'll ask when I next talk to them. That's some interesting insight.

Reactions: Jassyo06

When I ordered there was the option of deselecting S-line suspension. My S-line has Sport suspension.

When I ordered there was the option of deselecting S-line suspension. My S-line has Sport suspension.

Is the sport suspension good? The sport suspension in my 8P feels pretty rough

I like it, but probably used to it, as had two with it now which is 5 years or so. Wife complains occasionally ....

I like it, but probably used to it, as had two with it now which is 5 years or so. Wife complains occasionally ....

I guess the 8V has drive select, is comfort any different? When my audi went in for an ECU update they gave me a 2018 Q2 and the different drive modes only really changed the steering and throttle, didn't notice any difference in terms of ride quality.

I guess the 8V has drive select, is comfort any different? When my audi went in for an ECU update they gave me a 2018 Q2 and the different drive modes only really changed the steering and throttle, didn't notice any difference in terms of ride quality.
Don't believe it has any effect on ride. With an auto box it changes the gear change as well I think .

Last edited:

You need magnetic Dampers for the drive select to include/manage the ride comfort settings

Reactions: V6_Man and Kayobong
I owould bet on the grey A3 in the 1st pics having the Sport suspension de-selected. Mine seems lower than that and I have it. I do however have the 17 inch alloys that the blue car above has so maybe the optional 18 inch alloys makes it higher even with sports suspension. Pretty sure S-line is even lower than Sport suspension. Do a search, think there are 3 levels, maybe 4, for suspension. SE, thenSport is lower than SE, then S-Line is lower than Sport. Not. 100% sure if S3 is lower than S-Line though.

Sport suspension, in my opinion, is just fine. Of course this depends on the quality of the roads around you. SE will be smoother but its not something I would worry about. The stilt like appearance of the SE version would worry me more!

I owould bet on the grey A3 in the 1st pics having the Sport suspension de-selected. Mine seems lower than that and I have it. I do however have the 17 inch alloys that the blue car above has so maybe the optional 18 inch alloys makes it higher even with sports suspension. Pretty sure S-line is even lower than Sport suspension. Do a search, think there are 3 levels, maybe 4, for suspension. SE, thenSport is lower than SE, then S-Line is lower than Sport. Not. 100% sure if S3 is lower than S-Line though.

Sport suspension, in my opinion, is just fine. Of course this depends on the quality of the roads around you. SE will be smoother but its not something I would worry about. The stilt like appearance of the SE version would worry me more!

It looks to be the same as the blue audi posted.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I wouldn’t worry too much on firmness, even the suspension on my S3 isn’t too harsh.

Yep it does. Mine is lower than the blue car so they both prob have it de-selected. Just need @Tashfeen to confirm or not!

@Ormesome is right, mine is deselected hence it sits higher. It is comfortable but a bit floaty, which I don't like tbh.

Reactions: Ormesome, Jassyo06 and Kayobong