SQ5 67 plate sq5 steering fault

Sprintblu3

Reaction score
Got in the car this morning and it flashes up with the steering fault on the dash! Has anyone else had this? If so what can it be?

I have read on the American sites they say it tends to happen mostly when it is cold, so could I be right in thinking if it gets warmer it should be fine? Or will it be a repair job.

17AD6B13 A53C 4B85 A12B 86E1F306BF59

Best bet is really to get it scanned otherwise its just guess work. Few threads I'd seen back in the day of ownership of an SQ5 was that the steering rack was replaced in each of their cases (not cheap!)
But again, until you get it scanned... it could be sensor/dirt on a sensor, some sort of ECU, the rack or none of them

Best bet is really to get it scanned otherwise its just guess work. Few threads I'd seen back in the day of ownership of an SQ5 was that the steering rack was replaced in each of their cases (not cheap!)
But again, until you get it scanned... it could be sensor/dirt on a sensor, some sort of ECU, the rack or none of them
Someone has just come round now and scanned it for me. It is saying fault with the module, i am lead to believe via forums and the guy who scanned it himself that the whole steering column gets replaced. So that’s something else to be fixed in the new year! Worst thing about all of this is now I have no car over Xmas