8 weeks of Audi Cr*p

Defratos

You’re Dethpicable!!
Reaction score
Website
00626e1.netsolhost.com
Right so here's my story, a bit long but I'll try keep it short.

Around 8 weeks ago I book my car into the stealers, 2 weeks later my booking comes up and I head on over. The guy tells me they don't have enough technicians or some crap like that and asks if I could bring it back in a weeks time, I reluctantly agree.

1 week later I go in to find that he hasn't even booked my car in, no one knows anything about my situation and he's not around. I finally get it booked (my persistent arguing) :motz: anyway 3 days later haven't heard anything so I go down and find that it's just been sitting there cause they're waiting on a part, I mean ****** hell they could have told me something.

Anyway so I take my car and now 5 weeks later and I still haven't heard from them, what's happened to Audi service? they used to be good when I bought my first car, and now they're just Shiite, honestly I hate taking my car to them, I've got me local garage sorted out now, who do work for half the price and at a quarter of the time, so WHAT'S THE POINT OF GOING TO THE STEALERS?

Sorry gettin a bit emotional here :blownose:

Well if you are out of warranty, no point in going back to the stealers if the service is crap.

You pay top-dollar for Audi labour so should expect decent service in return. Unfortunately some dealers are sadly lacking in this area!

If your local is experienced in VAG cars I'd take it there if you have no warranty to honour.

C_Audiboy said:
Well if you are out of warranty, no point in going back to the stealers if the service is crap.

If your local is experienced in VAG cars I'd take it there if you have no warranty to honour.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that there was a european ruling that means you don't have to take a car to the stealers for servicing to ensure the warranty's honoured. I'll see if I can find it...

EDIT: Office of Fair Trading link

yeah I remember reading that. my warranty is already finished, and yeah I knew there wasn't much point but I wanted them to take a quick look over to make sure there wasn't anything out of place, but even that seems to be past their ability

Defratos said:
yeah I remember reading that. my warranty is already finished, and yeah I knew there wasn't much point but I wanted them to take a quick look over to make sure there wasn't anything out of place, but even that seems to be past their ability

Did exactly the same - just after I bought it. I took it to the local stealers to get them to check it over, service it and check any recalls that had been missed. Not been treated too shabbily TBH, apart from them trying to charge me for a brake fluid change (that they'd done 12 months before - muppets!) had no probs as yet. Still paid through the nose though, robbing barstewards!

I'd have gone fecking nuts if they'd done that to me, think you've shown far too much restraint. There seems to have been quite a few threads on here lately showing the shortfallings in Audi customer care...