8P 3.2 v6 to an 8L S3

shariain

Reaction score
Website
www.barshargsd.com
Hopefully going to see a S3 at the weekend down in Lincoln area looks a great car and spec wise very similar to my 3.2 I have just now.

Wrong section I would say.

* my bad, its me in the wrong section lol what a numty lol

Yes the s3 8p is immense, not the same epic sound as the 3.2 but sound just as evil.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brodster
Good choice 15bhp more than your 3.2 and loads more tuning potential great cars all round

I'm going from a 8p to a 8L S3. I am going to miss the v6 noise but I have always loved the 8L S3 and the 1.8t BAM engine is really workable.

It's a private sale.

I thought I posted my Op in the 8L section.

Which garage in Lincoln? I sold my 8L to a garage in Lincoln/North Hykeham recently so I hope it isn't my old one as it needed a lot of work!

I keep considering going from an 8p s3 to a 3.2 lol, that sound is awesome, although I guess performance isn't great and I'd really notice that coming from stage 2+ and around 350bhp or whatever it makes

I think you'll miss the 3.2 tbh especially going to an 8L from an 8P. Things moved on a bit on the later platform not to mention the nicer interior.
I went from my 3.2 to a remapped 8P S3 and even though it was a nice car with plenty of go, it didn't have the heart & soul of the V6.
I now have an R36. It feels just as quick as the S3 but has the heart & Soul that I missed.

Afraid I don't know it as it always had a private plate on it but it's a 51 plate AMK Ming blue, tbh all that was bad was a sticky rear caliper and rusty front arches the cambelt was due a replacement. The rest was in very good condition and I had added 4 branch SS manifold with sports cat and a jabbasport re-map.

I think the reg was something like B*51.

That good it's not it then the one I'm going to see is a 02 plate. Just hope the guy selling it sends me the info I have asked for before Wednesday as that's when I need to book the train to get a cheap ticket for Saturday travel.

The 8L with the correct mods are quick! I recently had a custom Stage 2 Map from badger 5 and its awesome! Great cars and look fab when clean (especially with those wide arches)! You'll miss the v6 sound, but just get a good exhaust and I'm sure it'll sort of compensate! Lol

i came from a audi s3 8l to the 3.2 just because i missed that noise and had owned a mk5 r32 before i bought the s3. the audi s3 8l is a fantastic car ! mines was remapped to 250 and apart from that completely standard and the spec you get is quiet good considering the age of the car lovely to drive to! if u go ahead with it mate u wont be dissapointed. mines still turned heads even tho it was a x reg! lol

Reactions: Essflee
Well that's my train booked for ****** 6:50am on Saturday morning to go to Peterborough. I really hope its worth it. Now just to find someone down that way with VCDS that can do a scan for me.

Well that's my train booked for ****** 6:50am on Saturday morning to go to Peterborough. I really hope its worth it. Now just to find someone down that way with VCDS that can do a scan for me.

Should of said Iain I would of picked you up and we could of done a road trip with VCDS in the boot and other stuff to check the car over.....shame it would of been an impressive drive home.....:racer:

null_zps6948d839.jpg

The spoils of my journey. Now that I'm home let the fun begin.

Reactions: markos72 and vivalacoulter
Nice car :)

Seems as if the facelift S3`s were quite popular in the Ming Blue with silver interior guess that's cos it looks so nice.

Hope you pleased with your swap

Thanks she is nice. There are a few stupid things that need to be put right but for a 02 plate its to be expected I would think. And the the fact i was up at 5am to get the train it just made the 330 mile drive home even more enjoyable.

Mark thanks for the advice over the phone on Saturday. I was going to pop in on the way back but it was after 9:30 when I crossed the line back into the home land.

Nice looking motor- the aluminium mirrors set it of :)

Now update that avatar of yours seeing as though you'll become a regular around this part of the forum ;-) lol

I have still got Jessica so I can't take the pic down yet. And as for regular around here definetly. I think even the search button is sore

Pity that, I could have sold you a mint Noggy S3 with all the right mods on it ;)

That's the car booked in to get the decat taken off and a standard cat put back on. Then it will be running a standard cat with a middle box delete and standard rear box. Hopefully it will make it a lot quieter.

That's the car booked in to get the decat taken off and a standard cat put back on. Then it will be running a standard cat with a middle box delete and standard rear box. Hopefully it will make it a lot quieter.

It'll be interesting to see the difference that makes.
Keep us informed.
:)

Is the decat pipe a direct swop, is it for sale if so?

I don't know what the condition of the pipe is basically from what I can see its a standard cat that has been cut open the insides removed and then welded shut again. I will take pics once its removed on friday and if its any good to you then its yours.

I don't know what the condition of the pipe is basically from what I can see its a standard cat that has been cut open the insides removed and then welded shut again. I will take pics once its removed on friday and if its any good to you then its yours.

Cheers.