8P Regular warning lights - ABS / Traction Control / Headlight range defective - HELP

eeeyann

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hello,

I've got a 2004 2.0 TDI 140.

Just been getting three warning lights, illuminating at the same time and ONLY once I have passed 65-70mph for roughly TEN seconds. The lights will not come on if I make a small, slow trip - and the car is mechanically smooth, nothing noticeable.

The lights are the ABS, Traction control and on the centre display a "HEADLIGHT RANGE CONTROL DEFECTIVE" light - not even sure what that means, or if i have range control.

ANYWAY - the peculiar thing is, 2 months ago my ECU was water-damaged and I was getting sporadic and irregular warning lights as things were shorting, there was no abs light at this time but the Traction and the Headlight range lights would come on, but the behaviour was entirely different.

The ECU was replaced by Audi to the tune of 839 quid, so it's still under warranty. I was just posting to ask if anything similar had happened to anybody else, and what it could be?

Car is mechanically operating perfectly, and when the ECU was damaged before the car was running fine as well. I think perhaps this could be another electrical fault.

Thanks!

Hi,
I have a 2005 Sportback 2.0 TDI 140

Yesterday the same thing happened to me, but it happened after driving for about 5 minutes in city speeds. Before this the "lamp broken" light has been turned on now and then for several months. Now this light is always on and the lamp is off (broken ? I have time at the garage next week).

Strange thing is that today, only the "lamp broken" light was on. The other three didn't come on !

What is going on ? Did you get an explanation ?

The cause of all lights (except for "lamp broken" ) coming on was a bad rotation sensor at left rear wheel. Changing sensor and wheel bearing took care of it.

Yes! Wheel bearing was what it was!

Ok I just have exactly the same problem on my 05 A3 3.2 Sportback.

ABS,TC, and headlight range defective just came up. Also comes on all together when driving over 70mph.

After turning car off and starting again all goes away until next time - any idea?

How wheel bearing got something to do with the head lights range?? wheel sensor makes sense for ABS and TC lights but headlights range control?

Please help!

Hi! Did any of you sort this problem out? Im having the exact same issue on my 2007 A3

Sorted this out today. Found out the wheel bearing and ABS ring are the same unit. In my case the ABS ring was packed with dust and dirt so there were no play between it and the sensor. Pulled the sensor out, cleaned it and put it back, also used a knife and some brake cleaner to clean the ABS ring. No more fault codes!:welcoming::welcoming::welcoming:

Reactions: Sandra
I was the same with the bearings.
Although bmn 170 auto.
Also got headlamp leveller defective that's what sparked my post .
Driving wise bearings solved my auto issues but leveller warning pops up. It is a flimsy mechanism.
Also got a bad earth I think? Headlamp warnings randomly on when nothing wrong.