8P wheels on 8V

Statiker

Reaction score
I have a set of 16" alloys with winter tyres from my 8P A3. Does anyone know if it is OK to use these on my new 8V come next winter? They are part number 8P0601025BJ8Z8.

I think the offset is different. My 8V wheels are ET51 which I believe is different to the 8P.

Probably best to ask your dealer for advice.

I asked the question and the e-mail response I got from an Audi main dealer parts department was "no sorry these wheels will not fit the new 8V A3".

However, I am not convinced that was the correct response. The wheels were 6J x16 ET50 with 205/55R16 tyres.

I put 16" alloys from old 2006 8p on to my new s line 8V day after delivery. no issues.

Yea that offset is almost he same and a narrow tyre will mean they'll fit fine. As long as they clear the brakes (diameter) and the centre bore is the same (and of course the PDC/bolt pattern).

An AUDI dealer will just give a "computer says" no answer.

My 8V was fitted with a 16" winter wheel/tyre package from the main Audi dealer, when swapping over a few weeks back, I noticed the 16" wheels were stamped with a part No. that started 8P0... Fitted/driven for three months without issue. Now running on the factory fitted 17" 5-Arm Kinetics.

Many of the wheels from 8P A3s and TTs will fit on (same PCD). There wouldn't be any initial issues apparent unless they weren't clearing the brakes or hitting arches etc.

However, most of the issues surrounding incorrect offset will become apparent much further down the line. If the offset and wheel width are different to that recommended, they're going to put different loads on the steering and suspension components. It could also cause uneven tyre wear. Audi have obviously tested this extensively and come up with recommended offsets for each wheel/tyre size.

The standard wheels run 7.5 x 18 ET51. I'm guessing that if I changed to a 7.0 x 17 alloy, the offset could be different. It'd be good if someone with 16" and 17" wheels could post up their offsets for comparison (they're stamped on the inside of the wheel spokes - you'll need your missus's make up mirror to check!)

Reactions: s33nyboy12
Both the offset and the wheel width needs to be known (the wheel diameter does not matter).

If a 7.5 inch wide wheel has an offset of 51 then I would expect:

A 7 to have an offset of 58
A 6.5 to have an offset of 64
A 6 to have an offset of 71

It would be good to get feedback that confirm this or otherwise.

excuse my ignorance on this, but do people think a set of genuine 8p 18" black edition rotors will fit the 8v. I'm about to purchase a set as I assumed there wouldn't be an issue.

By rotors I assume you mean wheels. The question is how does the offset of these 8P wheels compare with wheels of the same width that are fitted to 8V vehicles.

Check over the web and you will find the offset of the wheels on any car. Basically this is measured from the wheel centre to the face point on the hub from the centre line of the wheel, this will establish how far the wheel sits into the body or out to the wheel arch of the car.
PCD, is the pitch circle diameter, this is the measurement between the bolt configuration this will be different in some year cars don't take it for granted these will be the same over the years.
Doug

Last edited:
By rotors I assume you mean wheels. The question is how does the offset of these 8P wheels compare with wheels of the same width that are fitted to 8V vehicles.

8p rotors have an offset of 54mm. Original 8v rims use offset 51mm. I use the rims on my 8V. Only thing to say is that since its a bit higher offset on the rims, they are a bit (3mm) more fitted closer to the hub. Think it still look good in my opinion. The rotor rims for 8p rs3 have an offset of 51, which also will fit 8V, but these are in 19 inch. However for same car the winter version of rs3 rotor rims is 18 inch but then not with polished edges. The rims is delievered in silver colour, not grey with silver polished edges.

Does it answer your question?

Xcaliber - Are the widths of the 8P and 8V wheels that you have stated the offsets for the same (i.e. are they 6.5, 7 or 7.5 etc and are they the same)?

Thinking of moving to s3 from ttrs...my winter wheels are 18x9j with et52...would these be too wide? Or could I just get away with narrower tyres?

Just realised 9j is too wide for a3 8v...will need to sell these on and get narrower rims. Oh well!