8P3 S3 Standard Wheels - Powder coated Black?

taylorc

A4 BE Quattro S-Tronic
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am thinking of getting my standard 8P3 S3 (59 plate) wheels powder coated in gloss black (I am not a fan of fitting aftermarket wheels). Has anyone ever seen the standard wheels done in black or does anyone have any pictures so that I can see for myself what they will look like.
For ref my car is an Ibis White with black styling pack so my thinking is that the wheels in gloss black would finish the look of the car off just nicely.

Thanks

im not a fan of black on wheels, check out deans a3 build for an idea, alternately im keen to sell my facelift wheels in a very unique finish which may set your car off nicely, a quick pic is in my avatar

im not a fan of black on wheels, check out deans a3 build for an idea, alternately im keen to sell my facelift wheels in a very unique finish which may set your car off nicely, a quick pic is in my avatar

How much u looking for them? Any other pics??

Thanks for the replies, your wheels do look very nice but I don`t think they would suit my car (as the black styling pack and privacy glass give the car a black and white theme so another colour would look out of place) but thanks anyway.
Is there anybody on here who could do a photoshop please so that I can get an idea on how they would look (I am reluctant to pay for the powder coating on the basis of how I think it will turn out).

Cheers

I personally like black wheels but now I have anthracite and I love them. Even when dirty they look good IMO. have you considered that colour

I wouldnt go for black as you loss detail in the alloythats just my opinion though. I went for anthracite(like a dark grey) as it tied in with the theme on my car and keeps the detail in them. If you want any close up photos let me know.

P.s i got photos of S3 alloys in black at home will upload them later for you

Whilst on topic, sort of, can we get a set of these in 19'' that fit?

I got the dealer to do my S3 wheels anthracite ( asked for it to be same colour as the Black edition ones )

P1040656.jpg

Didn't know the dealer would do such a thing, looks good though

How much u looking for them? Any other pics??

plenty over on my build thread over on vagoc.co.uk its down as phils s3 build i will be taking more after i clean them up i took them off for winter but working over 60 hours a week leaves me little time

feel free to make me an offer on them theyre still in perfect condition only did 50 or so miles in em

I got the dealer to do my S3 wheels anthracite ( asked for it to be same colour as the Black edition ones )

Looks good, how much did he charge you for that? Is it just a spray paint of the alloys?

Thanks for the replies, I must admit looking at the Anthracite it does look very nice indeed although I would be tempted to go a little darker in shade as I want them to blend with the black detailing of the grill / privacy glass.I understand what people mean when they say that there will be a loss of detail with a gloss black finish so a dark Anthracite does look a nice alternative.

Cheers

Looks good, how much did he charge you for that? Is it just a spray paint of the alloys?
Yes, just spray paint. It was going to be £50 per wheel, but they screwed up a bit with the delivery so I ended up not paying for it.