8V RS 3 vs 8P RS 3

ved789

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Has anyone raced an 8P RS 3 with their 8V RS 3?
Also, for the guys that have jumped directly from an 8P into an 8V, can you actually feel the 20kw increase in power ? ( obviously comparing stock std cars). Keen to know.

Cheers.

O/T but the current version that I drove in felt ballistic!

TX.

I went from an 8P to the 8v and I am not sure you can really feel the extra power, the shove in the back is pretty much the same. However, when you look at the speedo the numbers tend to be higher than expected. I don't think that is necessarily to do with a little more power though. More to it being a more refined package, the gearbox is quicker and smoother and the 8v has a much improved ride. I think that means you don't notice the higher speed as much. In some ways this is a good thing but in some ways its a bad thing. I guess that just takes some getting used to though. I loved my 8P but the 8v is a much improved animal.

My 8P RS 3 was an animal with LOBA5XX with all the supporting modifications :) :)
I have an 8V on order. I am hoping that LOBA/TTE will have a solution soon soon.

Two main differences I have found are:
1. Handling: The balance on the later model is better, not so no nose driven when pushing hard
2. Gearbox: Revised software seems to work better, especially on the down shifts

Having driven the new one my opinion is
Ride is a vast improvement
Exhaust sounds great especially on downshifts.
Gearbox maybe a slight improvement but hardly noticeable.
Performance no difference whatsoever in fact in certain parts of the rev range I found the 8p stronger!
If I'm honest I didn't find the cabin a step up but suppose it's like anything, it takes time to get used too.

The 8v feels faster but may be due to combination of the 8v ride management and gearbox, the box now goes to S7 in sport mode, also the sports exhaust has to be a factor in the experience, get above 4000rpm and the sound is fantastic, only problem is when the turbo cuts in you get to 4000rpm real fast and need a lot of road to really stretch the car, best place is a derestricted German autobahn so you don't need to watch the speedo, just foot to the floor and enjoy

Reactions: Ozmosis
Not really interested in 'racing' my 8V against an 8P when I get it. I am interested in giving the local t**t in a black Porsche Panamera S a surprise! He really does drive like a d....!!!

Reactions: Ashbrummy, GRE57Y, 5pot and 2 others
The 8v feels faster but may be due to combination of the 8v ride management and gearbox, the box now goes to S7 in sport mode, also the sports exhaust has to be a factor in the experience, get above 4000rpm and the sound is fantastic, only problem is when the turbo cuts in you get to 4000rpm real fast and need a lot of road to really stretch the car, best place is a derestricted German autobahn so you don't need to watch the speedo, just foot to the floor and enjoy

I will be doing the Autobahn next year. Oh and the Transfagarasson Pass in Transilvania if plans come to fruition!!

Reactions: Ashbrummy
The 8v is 55kgs lighter, has over 20bhp more which combined gives a better power to weight ratio.

Add in the fact that gearbox will be slightly improved, it will be a faster car than the 8p.

How much so remains to be seen when more are on the road and someone actually puts up a proper side by side run

The 8v is 55kgs lighter, has over 20bhp more which combined gives a better power to weight ratio.

Add in the fact that gearbox will be slightly improved, it will be a faster car than the 8p.

How much so remains to be seen when more are on the road and someone actually puts up a proper side by side run

On paper maybe. But do you really think an increase of BHP per tonne of less than 30BHP is going to make a difference on the road? I'm betting they would be very similar anyway.

But who cares? I am getting mine because I can now, and couldn't then. It's that engine note I want...

On paper maybe. But do you really think an increase of BHP per tonne of less than 30BHP is going to make a difference on the road? I'm betting they would be very similar anyway.

But who cares? I am getting mine because I can now, and couldn't then. It's that engine note I want...

On a long enough stretch it would make a diff, but as said... Who really cares