8v rs3 exhaust creak??

RS3X

Reaction score
hi all

Got my rs3 8v couple weeks ago.

Notice that when I'm stopping to park or change into reverse etc the exhaust (I think) seems to creak or rattle?

Not too sure if it's the flap inside the muffler that's causing it.

Sometimes happens when I'm braking as well when doing a parallel park .... Is this normal ????

Cheers

Some people hear it, flaps closing apparently. I've never heard it myself.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

That's what I was thinking as well... But then you can even here it sometimes when you are not even changing from drive to reverse for example...
It's in drive but creeping slowly to a parking spot. When it comes to a complete halt that ****** noise happens .. Sounds like a "tin" noise .. Change in pressure in the exhaust on the flaps maybe??

Is there a solution to this annoying noise ?? I'd rather here my baby purrrr

I keep debating attempting a mod on the exhaust flaps, almost all other valved exhausts can be modded to be open all the time, I find it a bit hit and miss when you get that fantastic roar from the bowels of the exhaust, I want it all the time :(

I keep debating attempting a mod on the exhaust flaps, almost all other valved exhausts can be modded to be open all the time, I find it a bit hit and miss when you get that fantastic roar from the bowels of the exhaust, I want it all the time :(
Just change the individual settings so that the exhaust is in dynamic. Wack the gearbox in sports and the sound will be there ... And it won't hold gear as long as in full dynamic mode

Just change the individual settings so that the exhaust is in dynamic. Wack the gearbox in sports and the sound will be there ... And it won't hold gear as long as in full dynamic mode
Do you get this noise as well speck??

Lots have had the exhaust changes for squeaking or rattling exhaust valves you can grease them but due to the temp mostly comes back.

Just disconnect the valves electric plugs they fail open no warning lights or anything full noise all the time

Just disconnect the valves electric plugs they fail open no warning lights or anything full noise all the time
Afaik they don't fail open they just stay in whatever mode they were in when dis-connected.

TX.

I think they are open when the car is off?