8V S3 Tuning Thread

Hi everyone
I Joined this forum a couple of months ago and I have been following all the posts here as I have just recieved my s3 sedan 2 weeks ago.
The thing is that I bought DTUK FSR box 2 months ago but just installed it 3 days ago. The system is running great but I just got a call from revo spain to inform me that the simos 18 ecu remap is available. I have allready taken into consideration the possibility of loosing warranty due to td1 so im gonna go ahead with an obd remap.

Naturally I want to get some money back for the FSR box so i´m willing to sell it for 300 Pounds or 380 Euros including shipping to anywhere in the E.U or U.K.

As I said before, the box has only been installed for 3 days so it is practically new. It is actually running now perfectly, no engine light, no start & stop anomaly, the car behaves stocklike but with the extra push(the box is allready set to map 3 + 3). This is a great option specially for those who want to enjoy the car without having the warranty issues on the back of thier heads. The garage that installed it for me told me that it would be pretty much impossible for audi to tell or much less proof.

Please let me know if you are interested

Reactions: RYuill
Hi everyone
I Joined this forum a couple of months ago and I have been following all the posts here as I have just recieved my s3 sedan 2 weeks ago.
The thing is that I bought DTUK FSR box 2 months ago but just installed it 3 days ago. The system is running great but I just got a call from revo spain to inform me that the simos 18 ecu remap is available. I have allready taken into consideration the possibility of loosing warranty due to td1 so im gonna go ahead with an obd remap.

Naturally I want to get some money back for the FSR box so i´m willing to sell it for 300 Pounds or 380 Euros including shipping to anywhere in the E.U or U.K.

As I said before, the box has only been installed for 3 days so it is practically new. It is actually running now perfectly, no engine light, no start & stop anomaly, the car behaves stocklike but with the extra push(the box is allready set to map 3 + 3). This is a great option specially for those who want to enjoy the car without having the warranty issues on the back of thier heads. The garage that installed it for me told me that it would be pretty much impossible for audi to tell or much less proof.

Please let me know if you are interested

Hi there,

I'm very interested in taking it off your hands for £300 posted. Was away to order one for full price so well timed :)

Send me a PM and we can discuss payment etc.

Paul

Hi Paul
My email adress is: joannn_8@hotmail.com
I can send you photos or videos of the box fitted.
By PM you mean email address right? sorry dint come across that abreviation yet.

joan

Hi Paul
By PM you mean email address right? sorry dint come across that abreviation yet.

joan
Hi Paul

joan

You can just send a private mail on this forum. If you go to the persons profile you can send a message privately

Reactions: S3 sedan1986
Hi Joan... Can you tell us how does the new Revo SW works on you S3 sedan? I'm thinking in remap mine. Please, I would like to have your comments about it. How is it due to OEM settings? How is it due to DTUK box? Please...

Reactions: kikin
Hi there,

I'm very interested in taking it off your hands for £300 posted. Was away to order one for full price so well timed :)

Send me a PM and we can discuss payment etc.

Paul
Hi Joan... Can you tell us how does the new Revo SW works on you S3 sedan? I'm thinking in remap mine. Please, I would like to have your comments about it. How is it due to OEM settings? How is it due to DTUK box? Please...
Sure will do.ill get it done next week and i will post as detailed as possible. I say as detailed as possible because it frustrates me that when people actually get theirs done, they just briefly coment on the actual experience. I know that when you are investing in such things you want to hear detailed impressions and comparaisons

By the way i feel the need to mention how well simon from DTUK works. very polite and super helpful. what i call legendary support. Keep up the good work.......:superman:

pretty sick you can change modes but the stock mode seemed very loud. If it were more like the original exhaust it would be amazing

2.2k then £570 fitting, I do quite fancy it.. but justifying the cost is hard

Sounds pretty sh*t if you ask me!
hahahahahahaha. True to that, it sounds too unfiltered. I bet it is non resonated.

i think the sound part id better leave it to the italians. They are crazy expensive but the other day heard a full supersprint in an s3 and it is pretty insane. Clean and the sound makes sense. it is amazing how a 4 cylinder can sound better than any other 6 cylinder. I would install it but I sell my cars after 4 years so it will sit in my garage(people here dont buy tuned cars). By the way this was not the twin pipe version which seems to have gotten cancelled. That would sound much better.

Hey guys

from the knowledge you have until now of these new S3s, do you think an ECU remap like revo, apr and such, would trigger a TD1 even if the ECU is restored to stock before appearing at the Audi dealer?

Thakns in advance for the replys

It wont trigger a TD1 if the ecu is returned to stock and the checksum is the same!

Ive had mine mapped now by unicorn and its ridiculously quick, gonna get some vbox times once the weather has cleared up next week and report back.

Reactions: S3 sedan1986
It wont trigger a TD1 if the ecu is returned to stock and the checksum is the same!

Ive had mine mapped now by unicorn and its ridiculously quick, gonna get some vbox times once the weather has cleared up next week and report back.
That is very good to know Rob. I want to have atleast the option if worst comes to worst. My only concern would be if something happens during a roadtrip but hell ill take the risk for the extra power and even more now that you tell me its ridiculous how it transforms the car. And hey I treat my car like an enthusiast does so I deserve to unlock the cars potential. Remember that these security margins are made so the car takes abuse from all kind of drivers for example; gunning the car from day 1, never warm the car,, never cool the car, late service intervals, take the car down to Morroco for vacation and fill the tank with very poor quality petrol(I know this as a fact). The only inconvinience I would have for a hard tune is that Spain is way warmer all year round than for example; Germany, Holland, UK........ But damm it makes life happier LOL:rock::rock::rock:
Thanks for all the posts guys, really helpful

Beta testing of APR on S3 8V SB.
It's going to be happy!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416570889523915

Reactions: RYuill
Just got off a remappers dyno and although he still doesn't like tuning boxes he couldn't help but like the outright power the stage 1 DTUK box produced on my s3.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    860 KB · Views: 353
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,020.5 KB · Views: 328
Reactions: RYuill and Martinbanshee
Just got off a remappers dyno and although he still doesn't like tuning boxes he couldn't help but like the outright power the stage 1 DTUK box produced on my s3.

375hp and 527nm is a great result Adam, and nice to see that Will at Performance Torque liked the figures

Reactions: Woody86
Does are great results indeed. ****¡¡¡¡¡¡ if you are getting that output with the box I cant imagine what im getting with my stage 1 Revo. I had the DTUK before and it felt stronger than stock but the remap is another animal on its own. My manual sedan has literally become a rocket, second gear is stupid strong. The car tried to jump once out of a roundabout ...... not kidding. I will post a full review like how its meant in a day or two.

I am selling my dtuk tuning box and pedal box if any one is intrested
Just send myself a private mail looking for £440 or nearest offer

Last edited:
I'm sure there will be a lot of tuning boxes coming onto the second hand market shortly.

I assume there is news of "proper" remaps due soon? Suppose it depends on what the figures of these maps are.....

Revo remap now available producing 370bhp, APR in the latter stages of beta testing... so yeh, the end is nigh for the stop-gap that is tuning boxes

I think a lot of people will stick with the box. It's cheaper, same gains if not better and no TD1.

Reactions: dejongj, Scotty2011, ABYSS and 2 others