8V VCDS Mods

Try this link, it's in German so use Chrome browser and it will translate for you. Lots of adaptations well documented for A3 8V. I found it very useful.

Dobrowolsky said:
You can post this again? Error 404 :(

I'm still reading the comments, but I'm still on page 20 :(
Try this ;)
https://megawrzuta.pl/files/852e76150c6a47713e880694d67b2857.pdf

Tanks man, this is very helpfull.

I trying coding my auto hold function for use without the button (I dont have), but this not working... Any one can help-me?

Check this thread... Read it all..

I tried to activate but it was not successful. I have a manual Transmission so I didn't really see benefit of it as I find e-brake far more useful, so I reversed all adaptations related to that. For auto transmission Auto Hold is brilliant.

Hi All

Anyone with better understanding of the light channels? I have managed to adapt light channels that link to ambient, Footwell and cupHolder pins and managed to change their behaviour.

Anyway my query is regarding free light channels. I checked through BCM and light channels through vagcom. I have pin 34, 35, 36, 37 and 61 in T73c that are free. The pins have functions as Ambient 1/2/3/4 etc but no load type. I tried to power up the pins, and I did manage to do that but somehow I would end up with light fault on DIS and i noticed the button/switch lights on doors don't turn on. Everything else would work fine. I tried with every free pin but it caused same fault/issue and changing channel function on those pins would not make any difference. So i realized that I cannot use these spare channels for now but interesting that powering any of those pins disrupts the door switches lights.
Has anyone had any luck with these free light channels?
Anyone know if there are any light channels for door lights?

Thanks
BCM has no physical pins free that correspond to light channels on VCDS under module 09, that have Load Type set to Not Active.

I trying coding the rain closing function.
I dont find this otions

(14) Control access 2-Regenschließen_art auswählen
(15) Control access 2-Regenschließen_art auswählen

I just have 2 of 3 optins for change.
Control access 2-Regenschließen
(26) Control access 2-Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen auswählen

Hi
Anyone able to help disable ambient light triggering when door open?
@DJAlix sorry to bother you. Just wondering if you know.
I want to know if I can make ambient light Power On only with light sensor i.e. at night. The default setting seems to Power them On every time I open door, but then power Off on ignition if it's day and they stay On during night.
Ambient light include Door ambient lights activated on door modules, and cupholder, footwell and ambient pins activated on BCM for rest of car.

Check this thread... Read it all..

I tried to activate but it was not successful. I have a manual Transmission so I didn't really see benefit of it as I find e-brake far more useful, so I reversed all adaptations related to that. For auto transmission Auto Hold is brilliant.
Now I managed to make it work, but when I try to change bytes 8, 19 and 25, an error message appears saying that the value was exceeded and I can't change the value, and none light turns in the cluster, no green, but works! kkkk
It`s safe dont change the others bytes?

Same for me... But it works.. follow the rest and then test with finger tap on sensor. I followed guide on stemei.de
I did everything, but in the step 12 I dont find the bit 2 in byte 0, so I did manualy, none new menu apears and the windos dont close when I set water in the sensor. Alarm active. :(

Last edited:
Now I managed to make it work, but when I try to change bytes 8, 19 and 25, an error message appears saying that the value was exceeded and I can't change the value, and none light turns in the cluster, no green, but works! kkkk
It`s safe dont change the others bytes?

I did everything, but in the step 12 I dont find the bit 2 in byte 0, so I did manualy, none new menu apears and the windos dont close when I set water in the sensor. Alarm active. :(
Sorry can't comment if Safe if AutoHold related changes not working properly.

Rain closing.. Byte 0 Bit 2 is in module 09, Long coding, submenu to select RLS/RLFS and then activate Byte 0 Bit 2.. Check screenshots attached, they are from posts from users on audi-sport I had saved for myself.
Screenshot 20210629 183923
Screenshot 20210629 184120

Reactions: sentinal13
Sorry can't comment if Safe if AutoHold related changes not working properly.

Rain closing.. Byte 0 Bit 2 is in module 09, Long coding, submenu to select RLS/RLFS and then activate Byte 0 Bit 2.. Check screenshots attached, they are from posts from users on audi-sport I had saved for myself.View attachment 239108View attachment 239109
I'm testing the auto hold as I did and so far everything is ok! He sets the handbrake when I take off my seat belt, open the door or turn off the car, I think everything is fine for now, then I'll check if there's been any error in the control unit.

As for the rain closing I'll check the long coding, but I changed it in the right submenu. I'm going to test this MMI reset. Thanks ;)

I'm testing the auto hold as I did and so far everything is ok! He sets the handbrake when I take off my seat belt, open the door or turn off the car, I think everything is fine for now, then I'll check if there's been any error in the control unit.

As for the rain closing I'll check the long coding, but I changed it in the right submenu. I'm going to test this MMI reset. Thanks ;)
Forgot to mention... You don't see anything in MMI for Rain Closing!!

Really? kkkkk
I saw some people showing an option to enable or disable rain closing through MMI
I'm sure I read DJAlix confirming that Yes rain close menu has to be activated for Rain Closing to work but nothing shows in MMI.

Check this

I'm sure I read DJAlix confirming that Yes rain close menu has to be activated for Rain Closing to work but nothing shows in MMI.

Check this
I checked everything and couldn't get it to work. All active, correct long code, wiper rod is in auto, menu in mmi is set to active, headlights in auto, MMI reset, I started the car for 1min, turned it off, locked the car, waited 1 min and tested it by spraying water. .. Nothing happened ;(

Only happens with some models. Same for the golf R. Some work some don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. I’m trying to activate DRL off with hand break using obdeleven but struggling to find that function in central electrics. Am I in the right place?

Hi. I’m trying to activate DRL off with hand break using obdeleven but struggling to find that function in central electrics. Am I in the right place?

De Activation of DRL with Hand Break
Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
Security access
Enter access code 31347
Adaptation
Select off when handbrake daytime running lights - channel (5) - Daytime Running Lights
Put emphasis on active

Legend, I’ll give it a go tomorrow.

No nothing in there to do with daytime running lights or the handbrake so I just used 10 credits and the app did it for me. This was the same for comfort turn signals change from 3 to 4 but couldn’t find where to do it so had to used 10 credits too. It must be somewhere else. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated for future reference.

No nothing in there to do with daytime running lights or the handbrake so I just used 10 credits and the app did it for me. This was the same for comfort turn signals change from 3 to 4 but couldn’t find where to do it so had to used 10 credits too. It must be somewhere else. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated for future reference.

On vagcom that is definitely in module 09 adaptations

Maybe I should have mentioned I’m using obdeleven. Sorry for the confusion.

Maybe I should have mentioned I’m using obdeleven. Sorry for the confusion.

Yes I did read that but I assumed the module would be same, if it's on vagcom 09 then must be same for obdeleven? Is it possible that certain things are locked from full access and you have to use credits to access those?

Perhaps it’s in long coding rather than adaptations who knows might have a look when I get chance but was happy to use my credits.

Check this
the option shows in the Golf mk7 mmi and works,, the option does not show in my S3 MMi, but it does work.

Reactions: ZeA38VSport
Just a note regarding the rain close. I’ve just come from a mk7 R and could not get it to work. Everything was coded but wouldn’t work, the general discussion was that it all depended on certain part numbers you had doe each of the devices. My would not work but other R’s from the same year would. Think I my try this on my S3 and see what happens.

[08] HVAC -> Adaptation ->
Select time until heated seats redemption level 3 to level 2 -> Adjust value (def=10min)
(Value 0 = no automatic lowering)
I set it to 30 minutes, but it lowers the level after 10 minutes regardless. Now I have it set to 0 and it doesn't drop to level 2.

First of all, 89 pages of well read information! I come from the 8P section and have recently purchased an A3 8V North American saloon. Is it true that the NAR rear lights are hardwired differently than the Euro/ROW. I have coded all the usual mods successfully but didn't want to go down the rabbit hole of coding pace car lights unless that mod can actually be performed on an NAR car. My coding for the light module says not active as opposed to hellphase or dunkelphase for 16A/17A. I have attempted searching so flame me if you must, but is it possible to code for pace lights on an NAR vehicle by using the aforementioned codes?

First of all, 89 pages of well read information! I come from the 8P section and have recently purchased an A3 8V North American saloon. Is it true that the NAR rear lights are hardwired differently than the Euro/ROW. I have coded all the usual mods successfully but didn't want to go down the rabbit hole of coding pace car lights unless that mod can actually be performed on an NAR car. My coding for the light module says not active as opposed to hellphase or dunkelphase for 16A/17A. I have attempted searching so flame me if you must, but is it possible to code for pace lights on an NAR vehicle by using the aforementioned codes?
Pacecar is easy to do.
Here's a video of how all types look like for the PFL lights.

Security code for 09 - Central Electronics is 31347 (will also show up in VCDS)

For coding pace car (shown as "dynamic" in the video) you need to change the following adaptations:
Lichtfunktion A 16
Blinken links Hellphase to Blinken links Dunkelphase

Lichtfunction A17
Blinken rechts Hellphase to Blinken rechts Dunkelphase

Keep in mind that you'll get two DTC errors under module 09 - Central Electronics that you can only remove by doing an SVM using ODIS. Returning to the original adaptation won't remove the DTC.
Code:
526359 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded
          U1014 00 [009] - -
          [New feature! Extended UDS fault detail is only supported by current gen. interfaces]
          Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 2
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Reset counter: 116
                    Mileage: 188072 km
                    Date: 2022.03.27
                    Time: 14:30:49

Terminal 15 status: On
                    Terminal 50 status: OFF
                    CAN-Bus_aktiv: On
                    Status Bremslichtschalter (HW): OFF
                    Status Bremslichtschalter (CAN): OFF
                    OFF: operated
                    Position lamps: Not operated
                    Automatic high beam assist: Not operated
                    Low beam: Not operated
                    Parking light left: Not operated
                    Parking light right: Not operated
                    last_wakeup: gültiges Funktelegramm
                    Voltage: 11.8 V
                    Outside temperature: 20.0 °C

929796 - Light Switch
          U110B 00 [008] - No Communcations
          [New feature! Extended UDS fault detail is only supported by current gen. interfaces]
          Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 2
                    Fault Frequency: 2
                    Reset counter: 45
                    Date: 2000.00.00
                    Time: 00:00:00

Terminal 15 status: OFF
                    Terminal 50 status: OFF
                    CAN-Bus_aktiv: On
                    Status Bremslichtschalter (HW): OFF
                    Status Bremslichtschalter (CAN): OFF
                    OFF: operated
                    Position lamps: Not operated
                    Automatic high beam assist: Not operated
                    Low beam: Not operated
                    Parking light left: Not operated
                    Parking light right: Not operated
                    last_wakeup: no cause for fault protection
                    Voltage: 12.4 V
                    Outside temperature: 21.5 °C

Last edited:
8V 2020 Owner

Does anyone have coding for:
1) FIS information about required gasoline liters to full tank
2) Reverse start/stop button instead of completly turning it off
3) anyone has adjusted how quickly the car accelerates using the accel button on cruise control?

Last edited:
8V 2020 Owner

Does anyone have coding for:
1) FIS information about required gasoline liters to full tank
2) Reverse start/stop button instead of completly turning it off
3) anyone has adjusted how quickly the car accelerates using the accel button on cruise control?
1) not possible. This is only for VW, seat and Skoda vehicles.
2) not possible to change the behaviour via coding.
3) not possible. Tap for 1mph increments or hold for 5mph increments.

Reactions: kuba1394
Hi. I have a 2017 S3 with the matrix headlights. I’m wanting to reduce the brightness of the DRL’s during the day. I know they dim when I turn my headlights on and I have the instructions for changing the dimming value but I want to change the brightness when the headlights are off. Any ideas would be great appreciated and I’m using the obdeleven.