8Y exhaust trims

8YARWY

Electric Avenue
Reaction score
Part numbers for black chrome trims.

£94 each.

IMG 8217

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that some sort of silencer just before the back box?
Looks like it doesn't it? I'd be curious to see what the differences are between the sports exhaust system and the standard system are within this catalogue since both the trim pieces are in the same diagram it makes me wonder if it's actually just the amount of sound pumped into the cabin?

Looks like it doesn't it? I'd be curious to see what the differences are between the sports exhaust system and the standard system are within this catalogue since both the trim pieces are in the same diagram it makes me wonder if it's actually just the amount of sound pumped into the cabin?

No different from one to the other

Only price difference is sports exhaust is £100 dearer.

Probably a small resonance chamber of some sort.

8595186e378aee3fc18ca47c3218d86f.jpg

The 2 pipes to the left connect up to the OPFs

Although in the chassis number for my car that lists options I did come across this.

Option GM1………
b986563b4b766cdbac79d0053b7b09a8.jpg

Last edited:
I still think that one of these will release more 'sound' than the Miltek, modern Audi's control these motors % open all the time, you can tell this simply going from neutral to in gear in Performance mode.

OOps! The Kufatek 8V exhaust module

Being as Miltek in the video supply their new exhaust complete with operating valves I would think (90 % sure) the Kufatec system should work with the 8Y

Last edited:
I still think that one of these will release more 'sound' than the Miltek, modern Audi's control these motors % open all the time, you can tell this simply going from neutral to in gear in Performance mode.
Being as Miltek in the video supply their new exhaust complete with operating valves I would think (90 % sure) the Kufatec system should work with the 8Y
I'm contemplating the Cete version to control them

After emailing Ferdi yesterday he explained there are 2 versions now, one that is operated from the ESC button like before, and the other is tied into the drive select settings........

Reactions: NevMan and Mike.46
I'm contemplating the Cete version to control them

After emailing Ferdi yesterday he explained there are 2 versions now, one that is operated from the ESC button like before, and the other is tied into the drive select settings........
A shame all the installation/User are in German

Jeez I'm having a bad day, just found the English version

Reactions: NevMan
No different from one to the other

Only price difference is sports exhaust is £100 dearer.

Probably a small resonance chamber of some sort.

8595186e378aee3fc18ca47c3218d86f.jpg

The 2 pipes to the left connect up to the OPFs

Although in the chassis number for my car that lists options I did come across this.

Option GM1………
b986563b4b766cdbac79d0053b7b09a8.jpg

Looks like res deletes will be a thing then!
As for option GM1, refer to my posts about piped in sound. There's no exhaust skulduggery, just engine noise.
I presume the usual protagonists are aware of this middle chamber, if not I might pinch that pic and send to BCS.

8V sports exhaust had a single bypass valve just on passenger side only. That was only change vs standard exhaust.

TX.

As for option GM1, refer to my posts about piped in sound. There's no exhaust skulduggery, just engine noise.
I presume the usual protagonists are aware of this middle chamber, if not I might pinch that pic and send to BCS.

I know as I’ve checked all the Gateway for any sound modules etc

My gut says that drawing maybe wrong in that section if you look at Mikes video above.

8V sports exhaust had a single bypass valve just on passenger side only. That was only change vs standard exhaust.

TX.

On the FL the rear bullets are shorter than standard.

This might be pumping sound in to cabin..look under rear bumper near wheel

Attachments

• 680E1456-C532-4C92-B4FE-14610F12138C.jpeg
    680E1456-C532-4C92-B4FE-14610F12138C.jpeg
    227.2 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: RSt3ve
Valve pivot design has also changed.

062eac3e673e1084ab75aacc6e48f275.jpg

017299f17963a4e9453a93dd134fa359.jpg

Although the motor / spring on top is the same.

So can you unplug the valves on these like you can the S3s so that theyre permanently open?

What the....is it a valve of some sort or a speaker?
I'll have a peak.
I've just put my Chassis number into Etka and any sound noise speakers etc are greyed out, suggesting they aren't fitted.

Bass speaker for the sound system

4f1c83b233a367b353ca9b3c3cbb76a1.jpg

Having an inlet for your speaker open to the elements doesn't really seem like a great design to me...

Reactions: 8YARWY
Bass speaker for the sound system

4f1c83b233a367b353ca9b3c3cbb76a1.jpg

What website (I assume?) is it you use for the parts
Diagrams etc?

Looks like an Audi version of realoem.com (which is for BMWs)?

What website (I assume?) is it you use for the parts
Diagrams etc?

Looks like an Audi version of realoem.com (which is for BMWs)?

Paid subscription site.
Partslink24.

Reactions: Mastachaz and Keano04
I wonder if it has a second job of exhaust sound to both inside and outside as well as a 'sub'
I wonder that a little as well because on the test drive when the car was in the RS modes I found that under hard acceleration there was a slight vibration/rattle from the back left. In the back of my head I did wonder if it was a speaker vibrating or something.

I wonder that a little as well because on the test drive when the car was in the RS modes I found that under hard acceleration there was a slight vibration/rattle from the back left. In the back of my head I did wonder if it was a speaker vibrating or something.
I started the car today in Performance mode and ran around the rear, laid down with a piece of fuel pipe stuck in my ear and put it next to that rear speaker, nothing at standstill,

Reactions: Daggerit
I started the car today in Performance mode and ran around the rear, laid down with a piece of fuel pipe stuck in my ear and put it next to that rear speaker, nothing at standstill,
That's fair enough, it was definitely only 5-7k rpm at full chat that I noticed the rattle/vibration. Could just be that the car was ragged from new and never had a chance for the speakers to settle in (if that sub is outputting some sound).

Reactions: Mike.46
That's fair enough, it was definitely only 5-7k rpm at full chat that I noticed the rattle/vibration. Could just be that the car was ragged from new and never had a chance for the speakers to settle in (if that sub is outputting some sound).
I thought I would catch it while it was still 'noisy' after initial start up, the speaker was quiet at that point, but yes I agree it could have an output at certain other rpm/load/speeds :)

Reactions: Daggerit

Will know in the next few days, the rear left trim will be out so I can fit dash cam i-volt battery.

Reactions: Mike.46
Nothing else going on but the subwoofer.

d00d82932d699068d522fa09abab73c8.png

Looks like it's just a port then. Makes sense as where the sub is located it wouldn't function optimally without porting. They'd sound and perform badly in a semi sealed environment.

Where does the beeping come from when you close tailgate by waving foot under car?