95 or 98?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madmo

Reaction score
What does everyone use in their S3 300ps model petrol wise, Premium 95 unleaded or 98 Ron?

Just wondering as I've only filled mines up once since I got it and I put in Tesco premium 95 RON. Is that ok?

Mo

I use either:

Shell Nitro Vpower which I believe is 98 Ron or Tesco Momentum 99

Reactions: Madmo
Recently swapped from 95 to 99 (Tesco), seems to make no difference except slightly better mpg.

Doesn't it take the MAF sensor a few fill ups before it adjusts to give better performance and mpg?

I use Tesco Momentum 98/99ron (Whatever it is) and will always use this or something similar as I do feel a car of this calibre needs a better quality fuel.

Some will say it doesn't matter

Some will explain loads of technical jargon on the Pros & Cons

I Don't think the car will implode if you use 95ron ......but just to be syre ....I'm not using it :jester:

luckily I have both Shell and Tesco close to home and work, so I go to one of these.

Last edited:
My fuel cap cover has 98 in big letters and 95 in smaller letters, which means it can take either, but 98 is the most ideal. I'll always put the best fuel in I can mostly because although 95 is cheaper I found with my previous car that it didn't do as well on mpg on the lower RON value fuels as it did on the higher.
I didn't however do the maths as to whether I broke even over the difference in cost vs miles produced.

No he only hears that at home from the farm of cat's he has strung up like cows to milking machines for their go faster wee

ah come on now Pulp... now we are getting silly.. would take loads of rabbits to fill up a tank, talk about time consuming!!

Reactions: Madmo
Not if you took said rabbit down the pub at lunchtime and bought all the drinks?

Reactions: Pulp84 and AndyB-S3
Yes lock it BW sorry for starting it. Now I know how the forum works I will check the search in future

My apologies for being a forum newbie

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Thread Locked

Topic well overdone IMO

More than plenty enough info in the FAQ's on this matter

Reactions: The Challinor and David83S3
Status
Not open for further replies.