A bit late to the party, but just test drove an RS3

Kugaman1

Reaction score
I own a 2015 S3. I really rate it, its a much better all rounder than the m135i I had previously.

Anyway, was in Aberdeen Audi yesterday, looking to buy the wife an A1 ( didnt go ahead as wasn't very keen on the ride quality tbh).

Saw their RS3 demo and mentioned to the salesman that Id love to hear it. He threw me the keys and said, go help yourself.

We went for a good 10 mile run and what can I say....hoooowwwllyyyy sheeeet. I loved it, its the best car Ive ever driven!

Stunning, useable amount of power, nice grippy feel on the road, but most of all, what amazing ride quality. The demo didnt have adaptive suspension, but the ride was excellent considering it was on 19"s. When the salesman told me it didnt have the adaptive, I was speechless.
The car made a serious impression on me.....wifes not happy cause I hit the calculator as soon as I got home. However, even though we can afford it, I just simply cannot justify having £45000 worth of car sat on the driveway doing 4000 miles a year.

Ive had a shot in a Ferrari, Ive owned a Lotus, Ive driven a 911. All of them are very special in their own way...but nothing touched the RS3 for being the perfect all rounder! Supercar performance when collecting a new wardrobe from Ikea, whats not to like!!

The ONLY issue that I noticed with the car was that there was a little bit too much lag......not sure if its just down to the turbo spooling up or the DSG sorting its life out.....

What a car though......Im incredibly envious of anyone whos got one or is sat patiently waiting....

Reactions: RGBARGEE
Great review. I'll just leave this here ;)

img_2201.jpg

TX.

Reactions: t8ups, Ashbrummy and Kugaman1
Great review. I'll just leave this here ;)

img_2201.jpg

TX.

Thats the very beast....I ****** luv that car!!

Mind you, dunno if Id want to be the second owner once they put it up for sale!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I could never get a new car and in the same year trade it on another new car (even if i think its better) So keep the S3 and trade it in about 3-4 years for the new monster out then.

Glad you loved it as i had my first test this week and loved it so much i ordered one. Whats the power/handling difference like from an S3?

I wish I could hold on to cars.....

Tbh, whilst it seems a strange way to do things, we have often bought new cars and moved them on within the first year. Its all down to getting the right deal in the first place....
For example, I had a BMW m135i - paid £29k moved on a year later for £26500.

My wifes got a 2015 Polo GTI but she doesnt find it easy to drive in traffic and is considering something else.....paid £17k and been offered £15k at several dealers. Problem is she cant find anything else she likes! Tried a 1.4 a1 a few days ago.....felt very tinny compared to the Polo! We are going to try a 5 door mini on Saturday.....personally, Im fed up now.....

To compare the RS3 to the S3.... The S3 feels very rapid with almost no detectable turbo lag. The RS3 as you would expect takes this up a notch. Feels like it could pull a jumbo jet through a runway of treacle, its got so much torque! Handling wise, it feels much tighter, turns in quicker and feels even more sure footed. Im no Lewis Hamilton but even I felt much more confident in pressing on with it.
As mentioned above, there is a slight bit of turbo lag which means you have to consider this when overtaking....maybe me being critical but its the ONLY thing I could note worth commenting on. Apart from that its a STUNNING car. The one I drove has done 5500 miles and felt absolutely as tight as a drum.. Pretty good considering its probably been ragged from cold for most of those miles...

Reactions: Ashbrummy
Wow i could not do that! Fair play to you though, if you want it then buy it.

Nice to hear what its like from an S3 instead of "on paper its only .5 of a second faster"

Cheers

Interesting post from Mr Kuga... Selling my 2014 S3 for a 2016 RS3.. Not ordering Mag suspension. Reassuring to hear standard seems ok. Re not having one because 4000 miles a year ... My answer to that is ... You need to get out more!

Reactions: Kugaman1
Interesting post from Mr Kuga... Selling my 2014 S3 for a 2016 RS3.. Not ordering Mag suspension. Reassuring to hear standard seems ok. Re not having one because 4000 miles a year ... My answer to that is ... You need to get out more!

Agreed mate, really need to get out more but have a 14 year old Westie who is getting a bit dottled so we cant go too far or she might pebble dash the house...... We love her dearly, but once shes taken the final ever trip to the vets, we will be free to get away for weekends etc!

With regards to ride quality, seriously its probably as good as any car out there that has 19"s on, it really is very very good. I honestly thought it had adaptive and was astounded to find out it didnt.

Agreed mate, really need to get out more but have a 14 year old Westie who is getting a bit dottled so we cant go too far or she might pebble dash the house...... We love her dearly, but once shes taken the final ever trip to the vets, we will be free to get away for weekends etc!

With regards to ride quality, seriously its probably as good as any car out there that has 19"s on, it really is very very good. I honestly thought it had adaptive and was astounded to find out it didnt.

Thanks, I'm afraid I travel about 20000 miles a year, not all in same car!

Well I suppose I coped with an A7 BT Black Edition running on 21in rims and 275/30x21 tyres.. great on Motorway crap driving around town looking for somewhere to park the huge barge! Have had 3.0Tdi quattros A5's on 19in and SLine suspension and they were fine as is S3 on 18in rims.

Test driving RS3 this coming Friday at an Audi exclusive day.

I suspect I'll get talked in to ordering one....lol :whistle2: I've told Mrs Pulp that won't happen but we all know it probably will.....:yes:

Reactions: veeeight, RYuill and Blackwhite

I suspect I'll get talked in to ordering one....lol :whistle2: I've told Mrs Pulp that won't happen but we all know it probably will.....:yes:

Mrs. Pulp knows best! :wub:

Reactions: RYuill and Pulp84

Ha ha! I pity you cause its a brave man who gets out of the car and doesnt start doing immediate "man maths" in his head!