a bit of help.

neil ratcliffe

coupe rebuild master
Reaction score
hi guys need your advice. this is the grill that i got for my s4 front bumper, and its not stock. do i repaint it black. or go for an oem grill. your thoughts would be much appricated.
best regards neil
Picture 1663

It don't look right to me so I would get the oem one to match the rest of it. Is that the last bit you need now?

hi mate thank you for your reply. yea thats the last part now. would be a shame to spoil it i think.for the money ive saved on getting these bits. i think a new one is well affordable.

I agree with you, after all the searching and hard work it would be a shame not to get the last piece to finish it off.

agree with you 100% mate. so looks like a bit of phoning a few audi dealer near me. and see what they can do for me. wont go to my local dealer. as they tried to tel me that s4 grills are the same as a a4. and dont go by part nos. so ill give them a miss.

yeh same for me bud it don't quite look right in there go for the original one

Reactions: neil ratcliffe
My opinion is that Ive always liked the RS mesh grill look. Its sits too far back so i think its home made.

If done well it should look like the below..(however this is not a S4 bumper but same principle)

Upload 2016 4 4 12 6 49

Reactions: D9n dk
I'd love that grill for mine if you find one let me know or work out how to customise the original one

Above pic looks like a polo gti. Maybe chdck the grill on a polo gti, and see if it matches up with the Audi bumper or can be made to match up. Just a thought.

Reactions: DrStrange
them outer grills are nothing like whats on my s4. iam going to stay with the stock look. just need to find a centre one know. but have to say gives your front end a diffrent look than a normal s4.

I'd love that grill for mine if you find one let me know or work out how to customise the original one

D9n dk,

The front bumper I attached is the 'USP' B6 bumper. Not a lot of members have this one. The RS style mesh grill was made to fit this but im almost certain the lower portion part number is exactly the same for every B6 front.

So, this is very do-able. You need 'Kamei sport' sheet of mesh off Ebay. Then, take out lower portion of stock grill, cut around it and put the mesh behind it or glue it in the rectangle plastic housing. This is what the guy did (from Audizine)

The USP/ ultrasport bumper is what we call the S-Line/GMBH over here. I have one and the different fog light grilles drive me mad so when I get time I'll make up new centre grille. If it's a GMBH bumper then the centre grille is different to other B6 bumpers and is hard to find. Someone on here made grille up that matched the fog lights last year I think.

Yer I have the mesh style fog light covers but slated bonnet grill and lower grill would love to get some mesh for them and save the Audi badge

Reactions: Welshquattro
Ro55 made a mesh bottom grill to match,will have to search to see what he used. Why Audi couldn't make them match in the first place.

i know you would have thought audi would have just matched them all from factory

Thanks for the info!

The good thing is..this is all do-able.

I would have RS meshed ALL my 4 grills on my cabby a long time ago but as this simply cant be done due to the Cabby's slanted main grill design I have opted to keep it OEM. Sprayed black though.