A/C Flaps Clicking Noise on Start up

fatyin

Reaction score
The a/c had about 10-15 clicking sounds every time I start up my car (taken in the uploaded video). I am guessing that it should be caused by a faulty cold/hot air blend door motor or by just a stuck blend door. I am going to buy the right parts before I take out the central console and the trim below the steering wheel. (I think the parts catalogue shows the LHD model? The distributor housing (8) should be flipped in RHD models?) I just hope that I can gain access to them. Just wonder if anyone had similar experience?

Video of the clicking noise

My diagnostic
There is clicking sounds *EVERYTIME* I start the car. It is completely quiet when driving other than turning the temperatures from LO to HI or vice versa, it only had about 2-3 faint clicks. However, it does not have hot air blowing on HI setting. Therefore, it must be associated with the temperature blend door.
I originally had manual a/c only. The automatic control was retrofitted afterwards. Since I had it retrofitted for 3 years without a problem, the retrofitted automatic control should be the cause of the problem.

What parts to buy
I guess I should buy the part 5Q0898511G (number 4 in the parts catalogue) as the name of the part suggests that I should be controlling the cold/hot air blend door. However, I am not sure what exactly does 5Q0907511J (number 3 in the parts catalogue) does (vent control I guess?).

(3) 5Q0907511J Servo Motor
(4) 5Q0898511G Control Motor for temperature regulating flap
Parts Catalogue

Source of the part catalogue:
https://7zap.com/en/catalog/cars/Au...6fe4724bdc25/manufacturer/8/745820100::820010

Thanks in advanace for all the experience sharing