A/C Part No needed

cnut

Reaction score
Now that the weather is finally starting to look up I am determined to get my A/C sorted. I plugged VCDS into it and it came up with this: High Pressure Sensor (G65)

29-00 – Short to Ground

I have looked into it and it's a fairly simple part to replace. Does anyone know what the part no is for this. I have a AVF 1.9TDI

Thanks

Google shows this: 8E0-959-126

I haven't double checked it, but the G65 sensor is pretty common place.

Reactions: cnut
i would check exactly what you need to change the sensor
some of them need to have the system emptied and cleaned before replacing the part
i once saw a man try to change something like this on an mg rover and it took two of his fingers off
be carefull working on the high pressure side of a/c units

I changed mine filled up no loss of coolant, if it is the one by the front bumper just need to get it scanned after wards. It is easier if you remove the front passenger light makes access easier

Reactions: cnut
Audi want nearly £60 for this :eek: Jesus I only thought they were around £30?!

Hi guys I've been looking at sorting my ac lately as its never worked but when I had front end off to do cambelt I noticed my pressure sensor was missing and there was no valve core in the centre of the hole where the sensor screws onto, does anyone know if this is normal or should I have a valve core like on a car tyre valve if u know what I mean lol!

Hi guys I've been looking at sorting my ac lately as its never worked but when I had front end off to do cambelt I noticed my pressure sensor was missing and there was no valve core in the centre of the hole where the sensor screws onto, does anyone know if this is normal or should I have a valve core like on a car tyre valve if u know what I mean lol!

Mine had one think its called a schrader valve

Under the G65 sensor there should be as has been said a schrader valve in the pipe, this is so you can change the sensor without having to degas the AC system. But also you shouldn't expect this valve to be there someone may of removed it in the past and AC gas isn't something you want to come into contact with bare skin let alone your eyes, you will get frostbite and probably loose whatever it touches, due to it being pressured gas at around 6 bar plus it will cause irreparable damage.

hi mate, yes its missing and it should have one, thought it was funny as i used to do alot of ac servicing on cars at the garages i used to work at but we just plugged a machine in and let it go through the motions so to speak unless there was a leak or the system wasnt working after refilling!
just not sure now whether to see if a shrader valve out of a tyre valve would fit or if its a special valve but i know i cant get one from audi as they dont list the part probably comes with the condensor!
the other thing is i can fit a new g65 sensor and o ring and if i get probs in future i will have to get evacuate the refridgerant?

I think you can get the valves separately from Audi, I would try first. A normal tyre valve wouldn't be any good as I doubt the seals would be ok with aircon gas and oil.

yeah good thinking, never thought about the seal around the valve, i wonder though if audi dont do them separately from the condenser if i can just fit the new g65 sensor without it as all the shrader type valve does is to allow you to replace the g65 without having to degas the system so if i ever had any probs with the g65 i'd have to degas but better than having to buy a new condensor just becuase the shrader is missing!

True. You can fit it ok without the valve though I am sure you can get them separately as you can get the valve cores for the service points on there own.