A couple of questions about the s3 APY engine?

salisbury1985

Reaction score
Hi

Firstly just wondered what boost these engines are capable of. I know when mapping its not all down to the boost as fueling etc has to be right but just wondered what boost they can generally run safely on a remap. Obviously no such thing as totally safe but you get what i mean.

Second one is i found one of the crankcase breather hoses has split. The one which sits under the inlet, also the odd shaped one further along from this feels quite thin and seems like its not far off going. Ive read that its best to replace these with silicone items. Can someone point me in the right direction for the correct ones for my engine please.

Thanks in advance
Dan

Thanks for that, what would you reccomend boost wise on my setup. It has 3" downpipe, sportscat, s200 cone filter, forge recirc valve.

Thanks for that, what would you reccomend boost wise on my setup. It has 3" downpipe, sportscat, s200 cone filter, forge recirc valve.

Don't get hung up on boost... its irrelevant... once its mapped properly then the boost will be what it will be.. the S3 with the B5 stage 2 in the link I posted was running less than 20psi to achieve 295hp with the right mods and a strong engine...

There is no such thing as a boost table in ME7 tuning... boost is a means to an end... thats all...

<tuffty/>

Fair play i get what your saying.

Any ideas on where i can get the breather pipes for my engine?

Forge sell various hoses including the 3 way one off the cam cover (although I think its listed as a BAM engine code)... or do a full PCV delete and fit a catch can

<tuffty/>

I did have a quick look at them but werent sure if it would fit as its for the BAM. Would this be ok then?

Its not a straight fit as the APY std one is different to AMK/BAM setups... Welly bought my old Forge one off me and fitted it to his APY... not sure what mods he did to get it to fit... they are all more or less the same engine underneath regardless..

<tuffty/>

Ok ill have a word and see what he done to fit it to his. Would rather get it replaced with one that im not going to have to worry about again.

Cheers for you help/advice.